NJAngler

For all talk about fishing for trout in the Garden State!

NJAngler

Postby johnw on August 21st, 2017, 8:56 pm

Where is NJAngler. Haven't seen him on here for awhile and miss his posts.
johnw

Re: NJAngler

Postby Rusty Spinner on August 22nd, 2017, 1:25 pm

johnw wrote:Where is NJAngler. Haven't seen him on here for awhile and miss his posts.

I see him on Facebook still. And he's very much still fishing. :)
Conservation is a state of harmony between men and land. Aldo Leopold
Rusty Spinner

Postby the hawk on August 22nd, 2017, 8:21 pm

Yes, I miss the trout posts.....NJA catches more trout in a year than I do in 20. Central Jersey nights have been cooler, and we do get some rain. I'm hoping to ger out again after Labor Day. Haven't trout fished since Memorial Day :(
the hawk

Postby BiggerThomas on August 22nd, 2017, 9:02 pm

Could it be that Mark has met a hen who's really interested in his fly? :lol:
_BIGGER_

All water has a perfect memory and is forever trying to get back to where it was.
--TONI MORRISON, Rita Dove's Grace Notes
BiggerThomas

Location: Wherever somebody's strugglin' to be free, look in their eyes, you'll see me.

Postby martalus on August 23rd, 2017, 9:05 am

That's funny, I was also wondering what he was up to. His reports and knowledge are great.
Mark, if you are posting on FB, please put a few nice reports up here, too! Lot's of folks, myself included, live vicariously through those reports!
martalus

Postby Rusty Spinner on August 24th, 2017, 9:58 am

the hawk wrote:Yes, I miss the trout posts.....NJA catches more trout in a year than I do in 20. Central Jersey nights have been cooler, and we do get some rain. I'm hoping to ger out again after Labor Day. Haven't trout fished since Memorial Day :(

FYI - water temps have been in the low to mid 60s most mornings, plenty safe for trout. We are also seeing very good Iso and Light Cahill hatches this summer so far. Isos are just getting started. I'll be out somewhere this evening looking for risers.
Rusty Spinner

Postby Rusty Spinner on August 24th, 2017, 3:01 pm

johnw wrote:Where is NJAngler. Haven't seen him on here for awhile and miss his posts.

I reached out to Mark on Facebook and hopefully he posts again soon. The fishing forums just don't see near the participation they did before the big social media sites took over, but I do notice that they are still nearly read as much. Weird, but the only way to read content at some point is to write content, yet most just want to lurk.....

I could easily agree and say I also miss NJA's posts, but I get to see them on Facebook now instead. Same for many friends here I have made over the years on these forums moving mainly to Facebook.
Rusty Spinner

Postby NJAngler on August 25th, 2017, 8:38 am

I didn't think anybody would ever miss me! In all honesty, the lack of rainfall (up until this summer) the last few years had me really cut back on trout fishing. I've had a few good trout trips here and there but I'm def no longer and 2000-3000 trout per year guy. I've gotten more into bass, pickerel and pike fishing and I also do many trips just chasing panfish. I love just tossing a small spinner or 2" grub around a lake or river and not know whats going to grab it. I've hit places like the Passaic River near work and caught 8-9 different species. Basically I've learned to love all freshwater fishing and not just trout. Got tired of rain dancing and hoping for hurricanes to raise out streams and made do catching bluegills or smalmouths. I spent 6 hrs just the other week fishing a 5 acre pond. I waded around it slowly and lost track of how many panfish I got. Bonus was a few nice bass. One rather large, half submerged tree branch in about 4 feet of water produced crappie after crappie after crappie. Must of caught 40 of them and all about 9". They don't fight well but they r cool looking fish. Getting all those trout year after year was fun but I think it just hit me one day how stupid it was that I was upset over getting 25 trout and not 100 or getting a 100 and not 300. Standing there alone in the forest and cursing out loud about how "this f*cking sucks" is not a good mental state to be in. Fishing was never relaxing to me but a great stress. I've learned to just appreciate the time I have to go fish and not worry about success or failure. I suggest to any of you to do the same. Don't worry about species or sizes or numbers, just get out any chance you can and enjoy being able to do what you love to do -fish!
2017 trout total: 53
NJAngler

Postby MR.MCR on August 25th, 2017, 5:56 pm

Of course you would be missed.....
VOTE MR MCR NJ GOVERNOR 2017
MR.MCR

Postby johnw on August 25th, 2017, 9:23 pm

Mark happy to see you back, that all is well, and of course you are still fishing.
johnw

Postby Mickey022752 on September 13th, 2017, 8:49 pm

Well Said NJAngler
Mickey022752

Postby Mickey022752 on September 14th, 2017, 12:16 pm

Well Said NJAngler
Mickey022752

Postby RobTF on October 2nd, 2017, 3:09 pm

NJAngler wrote:I didn't think anybody would ever miss me! In all honesty, the lack of rainfall (up until this summer) the last few years had me really cut back on trout fishing. I've had a few good trout trips here and there but I'm def no longer and 2000-3000 trout per year guy. I've gotten more into bass, pickerel and pike fishing and I also do many trips just chasing panfish. I love just tossing a small spinner or 2" grub around a lake or river and not know whats going to grab it. I've hit places like the Passaic River near work and caught 8-9 different species. Basically I've learned to love all freshwater fishing and not just trout. Got tired of rain dancing and hoping for hurricanes to raise out streams and made do catching bluegills or smalmouths. I spent 6 hrs just the other week fishing a 5 acre pond. I waded around it slowly and lost track of how many panfish I got. Bonus was a few nice bass. One rather large, half submerged tree branch in about 4 feet of water produced crappie after crappie after crappie. Must of caught 40 of them and all about 9". They don't fight well but they r cool looking fish. Getting all those trout year after year was fun but I think it just hit me one day how stupid it was that I was upset over getting 25 trout and not 100 or getting a 100 and not 300. Standing there alone in the forest and cursing out loud about how "this f*cking sucks" is not a good mental state to be in. Fishing was never relaxing to me but a great stress. I've learned to just appreciate the time I have to go fish and not worry about success or failure. I suggest to any of you to do the same. Don't worry about species or sizes or numbers, just get out any chance you can and enjoy being able to do what you love to do -fish!

very well said... I never was able to get out like you were, but the past several years has found me getting out *anywhere* very very few times, so I've taken to loving *any* fishing I can be near, using any productive method.

fly, spin, bait, salt, fresh, pond, moving water, backbay, ocean, boat, land...doesn't matter... if I get time, I look at the best option and go for it.

that all said, while I'm not on this board too too much, whenever I think trout I bounce back and check in... and it's always good to catch up on some of your posts!
RobTF

Return to New Jersey Trout Fishing