License check

For all talk about fishing for trout in the Garden State!

Re: License check

Postby stonefly on April 27th, 2017, 6:22 pm

On
My twice once on Greenwood Lake on the Jersey end by NY CO's and once on the Delaware by PA
Conservation isn't just a tag line
stonefly

Postby 46er on April 29th, 2017, 7:48 am

Twice on the same day on the Big Flat Brook. The only time in 55 years.
46er

Postby barkeater on May 1st, 2017, 7:28 pm

Update. I was checked today at Point Mountain TCA. Ranger was very nice and apologized for making me get out of the water to see my trout stamp. I told him it was no big deal and chatted with him as he checked me. There were two of them and they were checking everybody that I saw.
barkeater

Postby the hawk on May 1st, 2017, 10:06 pm

I haven't been checked this year, usually on opening day they are out checking the river I fish. I'm glad to hear more CO's are out there. It's amazing how many people break the law to catch fish. I don't fish on stocking days and usually only during the week, so I really don't see the bullshit activity.
the hawk

Postby Twism86 on July 5th, 2017, 3:58 pm

Pete wrote:In over 60 years of fishing, I've been checked twice.
Once in Germany, once in New York.

Having said that.... since New Jersey made us start wearing our licenses in a conspicuous manner, it's possible that I've been checked without knowing it.

I was checked once at a freshwater pond when I was maybe 18. Didnt have it on me and I had to fax it to fish and wildlife to avoid a ticket.

Also, 99% of the time im fishing now I dont display my license, so I would know if they were checking as I would have to pull it out of my wallet.
"Stupidity is scary, but genius is scarier.
Genius topples nations, genius built the atom bomb."
Twism86

Postby Knotty on July 25th, 2017, 12:31 am

Been fishing only 3 or 4 years. Mostly in NJ but never checked there. Was checked once in PA fishing from a dock on Lake Wallenpaupack despite having license clearly visible.
Knotty

Postby Rusty Spinner on July 27th, 2017, 10:59 am

Knotty wrote:Been fishing only 3 or 4 years. Mostly in NJ but never checked there. Was checked once in PA fishing from a dock on Lake Wallenpaupack despite having license clearly visible.

You would be surprised at how many people will borrow someone else's fishing license, hence the check. If the height, age, hair, etc don't match, you have some 'splainin to do.
Conservation is a state of harmony between men and land. Aldo Leopold
Rusty Spinner

Postby Troutfishing4life on August 2nd, 2017, 3:40 pm

checked in NJ one time and that was on boat on Spruce Run after trying to wake a boat who thought were people bird watching turns out it was the fish police. It was a buddy and myself we were like 20 and just being dumb

Checked in PA a few times
Mike TFL "Sage Guy"
Troutfishing4life
Site Supporter

Postby MaCe1 on August 2nd, 2017, 6:43 pm

I was fishing in my kayak Prospertown Lake in Ocean County 2 weekends ago. I I paddled back to the launch, F&G was checking 2 guys fishing from the bank. Two people were just getting ready to launch a canoe, he checked them next. As I pulled in he asked for my license, which I had pinned to the back of my baseball cap. Then he asked if I had a proper flotation device. I looked down and patted my fishing vest/PFD, he said OK. That made me chuckle to myself, it seemed kindof obvious to me. But he was a nice guy doing his job, and I was glad to see him checking.
MaCe1

Previous

Return to New Jersey Trout Fishing