Lurking no more...

For all talk about fishing for trout in the Garden State!

Lurking no more...

Postby Razorbacker on July 6th, 2017, 9:24 pm

Hi folks! Quick note to say hello and introduce myself. I've been lurking around for a couple years or so and finally decided to come out from the cover and join the crowd.

I live in Randolph and spend a lot of time on the South Branch in Flanders and Long Valley, and the WTS's around here.

A big thank you to Brian/Rusty Spinner for a great morning last Friday on the Musky and for his patience in helping me convert to fly fishing and trying to break a lot of BAD habits transitioned over from 40+ years of spinfishing for trout. BTW, my 3WT reel turned up finally :)
Last edited by Razorbacker on July 7th, 2017, 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Razorbacker

Re: Lurking no more...

Postby MR.MCR on July 7th, 2017, 5:15 am

Welcome....
VOTE MR MCR NJ GOVERNOR 2017
MR.MCR

Postby rot1018 on July 7th, 2017, 11:14 am

Been trying to start fly fishing myself I know your pain LOL great help if you have someone to show you some pointers
rot1018

Postby Rusty Spinner on July 7th, 2017, 1:26 pm

Razorbacker wrote:Hi folks! Quick note to say hello and introduce myself. I've been lurking around for a couple years or so and finally decided to come out from the cover and join the crowd.

I live in Randolph and spend a lot of time on the South Branch in Flanders and Long Valley, and the WTS's around here.

A big thank you to Brian/Rusty Spinner for a great morning last Friday on the Musky and for his patience in helping me convert to fly fishing and trying to break a lot of BAD habits transitioned over from 40+ years of spinfishing for trout. BTW, my 3WT reel turned up finally :)

Welcome Razorback! Glad you found your 3 weight reel. I'm still thinking about those 2 submarines we never had legit shots at that day. I was more than a little surprised at where they were in that pool, so even guides learn new things every day.
Conservation is a state of harmony between men and land. Aldo Leopold
Rusty Spinner

Postby Razorbacker on July 8th, 2017, 2:22 pm

Yep they were massive! But the next day I hit the other stretch you told me about, and saw one that would rival them. I had netted a smaller 'bow and was about to pull the hook and happened to glance up- just in time to see an at-least 24" monster completely clear the water no more than 15' away. Fish were all over the place there...
Razorbacker

Postby Rusty Spinner on July 17th, 2017, 4:47 pm

Razorbacker wrote:Yep they were massive! But the next day I hit the other stretch you told me about, and saw one that would rival them. I had netted a smaller 'bow and was about to pull the hook and happened to glance up- just in time to see an at-least 24" monster completely clear the water no more than 15' away. Fish were all over the place there...

Everybody knows that there are no trout left in the rivers after stocking is over :lol:
Conservation is a state of harmony between men and land. Aldo Leopold
Rusty Spinner

Return to New Jersey Trout Fishing