Arc Fly Lines

For all talk about fishing for trout in the Garden State!

Arc Fly Lines

Postby jimmy229oz on July 13th, 2017, 11:12 am

Has anyone ever used Arc Fly lines? Saw them for sale and know nothing about them. Opinions? Worth giving a try over Rio?
jimmy229oz

Re: Arc Fly Lines

Postby nmakota on July 14th, 2017, 12:41 pm

Share the link and i ll tell u how they are in couple of weeks. Fly line is a fly line. I used to buy expensive stuff with this technology that shark skin bla bla bla i think its all bullshit. Now i just get whatever is on sale. I got one fly line from orvis probably 4 years old all cracked and i use it for nymphing and i see no difference casting or catching fish.
nmakota

Postby Drossi on July 14th, 2017, 4:43 pm

nmakota wrote:Fly line is a fly line. I used to buy expensive stuff with this technology that shark skin bla bla bla i think its all bullshit.

Flat not true....a good fly line matched to your casting style is just plain easier to fish. Go cheap on your reel (and even your rod) but get a good line. Cortland 444, its stood the test of time....hmmm I wonder why.....cause it performs well. Nothing is worse then trying to cast with a line that doesn't match well with your casting style.

FWIW - Orvis lines just don't do it for me. Cortland does, SA does. Wulff TT does. Never tried Rio.
Resident GST a-hole...
"If that amounts to living in a fools paradise..well then don't tell the fool"
D
Drossi

Postby jaybird on July 15th, 2017, 7:28 pm

If u plan on nymphing , no big deal . Casting more dries on big water ? Then it matters .... im a airflo fan .
jaybird

Postby nmakota on July 16th, 2017, 7:15 pm

Drossi wrote:
nmakota wrote:Fly line is a fly line. I used to buy expensive stuff with this technology that shark skin bla bla bla i think its all bullshit.

Flat not true....a good fly line matched to your casting style is just plain easier to fish. Go cheap on your reel (and even your rod) but get a good line. Cortland 444, its stood the test of time....hmmm I wonder why.....cause it performs well. Nothing is worse then trying to cast with a line that doesn't match well with your casting style.

FWIW - Orvis lines just don't do it for me. Cortland does, SA does. Wulff TT does. Never tried Rio.

Maybe not true for you, but for me its very true. :)

I think you better spend money on gas to get u to the river than on fly line, rod or reel. The more time you spend on the river the more u realize that all this bullshit isnt needed to be a great fly fisherman.
nmakota

Return to New Jersey Trout Fishing