Out West

Anything and everything about trout other than NJ.

Out West

Postby Dale on June 8th, 2016, 8:58 pm

Friday Morning, Big Sky, Montana, Yellowstone, Jackson Hole, Steamboat Springs, CO. I have fished in and around there a number of times before, but always looking for input. THANKS!
Dale

Re: Out West

Postby Bubba Zinetti on June 14th, 2016, 10:03 am

Sent a PM
"This is for all you new people. I only have one rule... everyone fights no one quits. You don't do your job I'll shoot you. Do you get me?"
Bubba Zinetti

Postby lukenic on June 14th, 2016, 10:06 am

if you're near jackson hole in august try flat creek on the national elk refuge.
lukenic

Postby Bubba Zinetti on June 14th, 2016, 10:35 am

lukenic wrote:if you're near jackson hole in august try flat creek on the national elk refuge.

Flat creek in the refuge can get a little crowded in the high season. We fished it on an overcast with occasional showers type of day, there was one other person out. The next day it was bright sunshine, and there were quite a few anglers. It is pretty technical, but if that's your thing...
"This is for all you new people. I only have one rule... everyone fights no one quits. You don't do your job I'll shoot you. Do you get me?"
Bubba Zinetti

Postby Dale on July 1st, 2016, 8:06 pm

Bubba Zinetti wrote:
lukenic wrote:if you're near jackson hole in august try flat creek on the national elk refuge.

Flat creek in the refuge can get a little crowded in the high season. We fished it on an overcast with occasional showers type of day, there was one other person out. The next day it was bright sunshine, and there were quite a few anglers. It is pretty technical, but if that's your thing...

Flat Creek in the elk refuge is closed until August 1st. I fish it on the opposite end of town. There is a nice park/ refuge where it enters the Snake. Fished the Gallatin, Firehole, Gibbon, Green, Yampa and numerous other smaller streams. I go every summer and this was the best trip yet. Everything out there is pretty technical and I am in way over my head, but luckily the folks out there are very friendly and helpful. I caught plenty of quality fish and that is only part of the reason why I go. Awe-inspiring scenery, wildlife, history and great fishing.
Dale

Return to Out of State Trout Fishing