A few hours in the Green Mountains

Anything and everything about trout other than NJ.

A few hours in the Green Mountains

Postby martalus on July 11th, 2016, 9:08 pm

I haven't been to our family Vermont house in several years, so I decided to take my wife and baby while we are in America. After stopping at several spot to buy a license, finally found one where they had the computer to print licenses. We arrived at our house outside of Mount holly at about 3 and I was in the woods by 4. Luckily there is a small mountain stream less then two miles from the house and there are no houses or posted signs anywhere! I strung up a big grass hopper fly and within minutes I was into the trout. Flows were really good and 6-12 inch brook trout were willing takers of my dry fly! It was hard to keep the trout off with well over a dozen coming to hand in a few hours. At the end I found some still water pond that seems to be part of a beaver pond connected to the stream. I tossed in a spinner and hooked and lost s good sized fish and caught a small brookie. I will be back tomorrow to explore the beaver pond and hopefully get into some bigger fish!
martalus

Re: A few hours in the Green Mountains

Postby BiggerThomas on July 11th, 2016, 11:07 pm

Let's see some pix!
_BIGGER_

All water has a perfect memory and is forever trying to get back to where it was.
--TONI MORRISON, Rita Dove's Grace Notes
BiggerThomas

Location: Wherever somebody's strugglin' to be free, look in their eyes, you'll see me.

Postby MR.MCR on July 12th, 2016, 10:31 am

:mrgreen: I am green with envy.........
NJ's #1 Estate Sale Company ...Estatesalesbyolga.com
MR.MCR

Postby Skink on July 12th, 2016, 1:00 pm

I love fishing Vermont, but I've only fished the northern portion.

Pictures?
Skink

Postby Fredy on July 12th, 2016, 2:48 pm

Skink wrote:I love fishing Vermont, but I've only fished the northern portion.

Pictures?

S K A N K!!!

Maybe you should move there then!
Timmy, the movers are here. Rearranging the furniture in your head for free.
Fredy

Postby Skink on July 12th, 2016, 3:53 pm

Fredy - so what is YOUR end goal, what is the conclusion YOU are looking for? We all know YOU are pissed because the stuff YOU posted got YOU into trouble. It wasn't anything I posted or anything I said or did. Be a man and stand up and take responsibility! No one else made YOU post objectionable material that got YOU deleted AND a warning on this very website or got YOU into trouble with Trout Unlimited, that YOU received warnings from TU national to stop your behavior or you will be removed. It was all YOUR doing. Stop blaming others like a child that has not grown up enough to accept responsibility. Just look at YOUR behavior here, unprovoked and YOU attack time and time again. What is YOUR end goal?
Skink

Postby Fredy on July 12th, 2016, 4:27 pm

Skink wrote:Fredy - so what is YOUR end goal, what is the conclusion YOU are looking for? We all know YOU are pissed because the stuff YOU posted got YOU into trouble. It wasn't anything I posted or anything I said or did. Be a man and stand up and take responsibility! No one else made YOU post objectionable material that got YOU deleted AND a warning on this very website or got YOU into trouble with Trout Unlimited, that YOU received warnings from TU national to stop your behavior or you will be removed. It was all YOUR doing. Stop blaming others like a child that has not grown up enough to accept responsibility. Just look at YOUR behavior here, unprovoked and YOU attack time and time again. What is YOUR end goal?

WTF are you talking about?? Unlike you I LEAVE my post up, I don't delete or edit them like you! LMFAO!!

Unlike you I AM a man! You are the P@ssy here crying like a little girl! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Every one knows that you cant handle getting you balls busted. You like to harass people to no end and when the table are turned your start to cry like a little bitch.

It's obvious you have no clue based on your post, LOL! We love how you like to twist things up and TRY and make it look like you are the one in need of a band-aid. No one got in trouble, received warnings, or deleted, or booted, as matter a fact your actions proved that you are crazy, hence why TU National and State council wrote you off with your idle threats and constant emails and phone calls. Every one is convinced you are crazy! :lol: :lol: :lol: You did that on your own too, priceless!!

Nice try to twist shit up though! I love all the extra content you are giving us for your FB Fan page! LMAO!! Thank you!

Oh and there is no "end goal" as you put it. Just returning the favor.
BTW its "End Game" you retard! No wonder you got fired from your jobs cant spell or write. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
12745586_10156430233075391_8783799198158739941_n.jpg
12745586_10156430233075391_8783799198158739941_n.jpg (30.54 KiB) Viewed 4318 times
Fredy

Postby Skink on July 12th, 2016, 4:43 pm

Both Chris Woods and Richard Thomas apologized on your behalf (I guess they knew you couldn't take responsibility) and promised that you two would honor a truce that started late last year. Even though I started that truce months before by ignoring your posts like I have mostly done here. You can't bull sh!t the people here, they can see your posts and they can see my posts. Some of the people are also on NEFF, so they can see you are not being attacked, but I heard about the two of you posting more lies. We are blocked on Facebook and you have blocked me from your page you claim is RVTU. So where am I attacking you? The answer is nowhere, but like the child that you are, you continue your attacks.

So what is driving you to do all that?
Skink

Postby Fredy on July 12th, 2016, 4:56 pm

Skink wrote:Both Chris Woods and Richard Thomas apologized on your behalf (I guess they knew you couldn't take responsibility) and promised that you two would honor a truce that started late last year. Even though I started that truce months before by ignoring your posts like I have mostly done here. You can't bull sh!t the people here, they can see your posts and they can see my posts. Some of the people are also on NEFF, so they can see you are not being attacked, but I heard about the two of you posting more lies. We are blocked on Facebook and you have blocked me from your page you claim is RVTU. So where am I attacking you? The answer is nowhere, but like the child that you are, you continue your attacks.

So what is driving you to do all that?

Again nice tries with the lies. I will not use any names from TU out of respect for them.

Guess thats why they told you to go pound salt and contact the appropriate authorities since the were done with you!! HAHAHAHAHA!!! I can't!! I can't!!!
This all to rich!!!

TIMMY we all know that you are the bullsh!tter. You have a trail of lies the length of Interstate 80! I a paper trail that long on you too, LOL! Amazing that I had to keep a file on you as a VOLUNTEER of TU to keep track of your crap!! SH!T I had smaller files on employees. HAHAHAHA!!!! Too much!! I love this!!!

Thread has been officially hijacked! :roll:
Fredy

Postby Fredy on July 12th, 2016, 4:57 pm

PS. thanks for the additional FB content :lol: :lol:
Fredy

Postby Dale on July 12th, 2016, 10:05 pm

Well anyway, I fish Vermont all the time. I have probably caught more fish in and around the Killington area than anywhere else.
Dale

Postby martalus on July 13th, 2016, 8:51 am

I am staying outside of Mount holly near lake ninevah. I tried the beaver pond early yesterday morning and was chased away by a huge beaver! Also was difficult to get through the quagmire so I gave up on finding a monster beaver pond Brook trout. I then fished a super pretty larger steam but didn't see a sign of a trout despite perfect conditions and a heavy hatch. In the evening fished a different section of the Brook trout stream and was not disapointed
martalus

Postby martalus on July 14th, 2016, 2:15 pm

Yesterday I visited my cousin in i hHanôver new Hampshire. Low and behold he has a roaring Brook on his property but he has never caught any thing as he isn't a serious fisherman. He wasn't sure if there were even trout, but as soon as I saw it in was pretty confident we would get something. Sure enough we hot strikes on the first cast. After a minute, he had landed a plump nine inch wild Brook Trout. We tried a few more nice pools and we got several nice wild bookies including one large one pushing 13 inches and plump. It was one of the top five wild bookies I have ever caught. Today I tried two more streams in the green mountain national forest near Wallingford and caught several nice bookies, all on dry flies. After four days of wild Brook trout fishing, it's safe to say that I have gotten my Brook trout fix! It seems fly selection is not important , only fly placement and how you approach the pool.
martalus

Postby Rusty Spinner on July 15th, 2016, 10:57 am

Skink wrote:Fredy - so what is YOUR end goal, what is the conclusion YOU are looking for? We all know YOU are pissed because the stuff YOU posted got YOU into trouble. It wasn't anything I posted or anything I said or did. Be a man and stand up and take responsibility! No one else made YOU post objectionable material that got YOU deleted AND a warning on this very website or got YOU into trouble with Trout Unlimited, that YOU received warnings from TU national to stop your behavior or you will be removed. It was all YOUR doing. Stop blaming others like a child that has not grown up enough to accept responsibility. Just look at YOUR behavior here, unprovoked and YOU attack time and time again. What is YOUR end goal?

Tim - absolutely none of your post here is truthful. You are wrong on all counts. You would do better if you truly were a man of your word and stayed away from posting about either Fredy or myself, but you seem incapable of doing so. Once Fredy stepped down for reasons that had very little to do with you, he can take his gloves off and respond to your incessant attacks without TU asking him to stop (not telling, but asking - big difference). I have not attacked you and have remained a man of my word. And this reply is in no way an attack but rather I am simply pointing out that your words above are not truthful. I ask you respectfully to stop your lies.
Conservation is a state of harmony between men and land. Aldo Leopold
Rusty Spinner

Postby Fredy on July 15th, 2016, 11:17 am

Yup
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (43.42 KiB) Viewed 4012 times
Fredy

Postby Bubba Zinetti on July 15th, 2016, 11:28 am

Fredy wrote:Yup

I met Ric Flair a few times when I lived in North Carolina. He sponsored a dirt track racer (it was a relative of his who drove) and we would go to the races at County Line Raceway. They used to sell fried bologna sandwiches, yummy. Any ways Ric was always gracious with his time and autograph signing, and would engage in small talk and dirt track banter. Very nice!
"This is for all you new people. I only have one rule... everyone fights no one quits. You don't do your job I'll shoot you. Do you get me?"
Bubba Zinetti

Postby martalus on July 15th, 2016, 5:32 pm

I rounded off the trip last night at the beaverpond. I was actually able to fish it right from the road and was able to park my baby in her stroller right next to me. I was happy that she didnt cry. didnt catch a fly in the face, and didnt roll off into the water! The bonus was she watched me cast intently and seemed to track the dry fly as it landed on the water. The biggest bonus was catching a few trout on the dry fly including of the biggest of the trip, a 12 inch, fat, hard pulling beaver pond brookie! It was the hardest fighting wild brookie I have ever caught. Anyway, it was a nice end to four days of exclusively wild brook trout fishing! The vast majority of the brookies were caught on a royal wulff, none were caught a on nymphs, none on streamers, and a handful on a panther martin spinner. Simplicity is sublime some time!
martalus

Postby Fredy on July 15th, 2016, 5:36 pm

Martalus,
That's awesome especially with your kid enjoying it too.
Fredy

Postby martalus on July 15th, 2016, 6:36 pm

She is only six months, but my wishful thinking tells me she was enjoying it! She is a captive audience now, lets see how things progress in the next few years. I think I inspired my cousin and his fiance to give fishing more effort, as they have a super productive wild trout stream in their backyard in Hanover NH.
martalus

Postby Dale on July 16th, 2016, 9:10 pm

martalus wrote:I rounded off the trip last night at the beaverpond. I was actually able to fish it right from the road and was able to park my baby in her stroller right next to me. I was happy that she didnt cry. didnt catch a fly in the face, and didnt roll off into the water! The bonus was she watched me cast intently and seemed to track the dry fly as it landed on the water. The biggest bonus was catching a few trout on the dry fly including of the biggest of the trip, a 12 inch, fat, hard pulling beaver pond brookie! It was the hardest fighting wild brookie I have ever caught. Anyway, it was a nice end to four days of exclusively wild brook trout fishing! The vast majority of the brookies were caught on a royal wulff, none were caught a on nymphs, none on streamers, and a handful on a panther martin spinner. Simplicity is sublime some time!

On my Catskill trip, all trout were caught on Royal Wulff. 95% brookies with a couple of fat browns. I am hoping to head to Vermont in the next week or so. Sounds like you had fun.
Dale

Next

Return to Out of State Trout Fishing