Fishing to be banned in Upper Esopus Creek in Ulster County

Anything and everything about trout other than NJ.

Fishing to be banned in Upper Esopus Creek in Ulster County

Postby openspacez on October 19th, 2016, 11:07 am

http://www.dailyfreeman.com/general-news/20161017/fishing-to-be-banned-in-upper-esopus-creek-in-ulster-county-due-to-low-muddy-water

Preview:

SHANDAKEN >> The state Department of Environmental Conservation has asked anglers not to fish in the Upper Esopus Creek in Ulster County due to muddy water and the creek’s low level, and the agency says a formal ban is forthcoming.

The affected area is “from Shandaken Portal to Ashokan Reservoir” because “low, muddy water may affect trout spawning,” the department tweeted and said on its website.

The muddy water has been entering the creek from the New York City-owned Schoharie Reservoir by way of the portal.

The formal ban is expcted within a few days, and there was no immediate word on whether it might be lifted before the fishing season ends Nov. 30.
The guy behind the guy
openspacez

Re: Fishing to be banned in Upper Esopus Creek in Ulster County

Postby MR.MCR on October 20th, 2016, 3:59 pm

I have relatives that live there.....that portal use to release some good fish......I fished that area a lot as a teenager.......still miss it.......
VOTE MR MCR NJ GOVERNOR 2017
MR.MCR

Postby Dale on October 21st, 2016, 12:37 pm

MR.MCR wrote:I have relatives that live there.....that portal use to release some good fish......I fished that area a lot as a teenager.......still miss it.......

Me too and I still fish there. Do you remember that bar called the Log Cabin?
Dale

Postby MR.MCR on October 21st, 2016, 6:17 pm

I beleive I remember it but was too young to go in.....my cousin owned R and R Auto right acrosss from the esopus ( if you ever needed auto parts while up there ).....Sweet Sues was great for breakfast in Phoenicia.....or buying flies in Folkerts.......hey youre making me SAD........
VOTE MR MCR NJ GOVERNOR 2017
MR.MCR

Return to Out of State Trout Fishing