Shipping Camping & Fishin Stuff

Anything and everything about trout other than NJ.

Shipping Camping & Fishin Stuff

Postby GregT on February 1st, 2017, 9:26 pm

Thinking of spending a month out West this Summer( I am retired). What would be the best way to ship a tent, sleeping bag etc.
GregT

Re: Shipping Camping & Fishin Stuff

Postby jaybird on February 2nd, 2017, 10:04 am

UPS it to a UPS store , contact them , tell them it's coming . They will even hold it for you for a few bucks . Just really box it well especially if your fishing stuff is in there .GORILLA TAPE .
UPS store to UPS store is hard to screw up . If you know where your going call that UPS store now , they deal with that stuff all the time ,and can give you good ideas.
jaybird

Postby GregT on February 2nd, 2017, 10:43 am

Excellent! :D
GregT

Postby 46er on February 18th, 2017, 9:09 am

Over the years we travelled to Yellowstone I sent all my bulky stuff general delivery to either West Yellowstone, Gardiner or Jackson post office. Never a problem, nothing ever lost, always arrived in good condition.
46er

Postby Bubba Zinetti on February 22nd, 2017, 9:38 am

46er wrote:Over the years we travelled to Yellowstone I sent all my bulky stuff general delivery to either West Yellowstone, Gardiner or Jackson post office. Never a problem, nothing ever lost, always arrived in good condition.

A little late to the party, but we also ship to the West Yellowstone post office. Never had a problem getting our stuff.
"This is for all you new people. I only have one rule... everyone fights no one quits. You don't do your job I'll shoot you. Do you get me?"
Bubba Zinetti

Return to Out of State Trout Fishing