Bass Fishin'

If its not about trout, post it here.

Bass Fishin'

Postby alwaysfishing on June 14th, 2017, 12:14 pm

My brother has 18 acres of land in West Milford. He has a 3 acre pond that he maintains (grass eating carp, spillway) and it is very healthy. He has a little Crawfish boat with an electric motor. We fish it together every once in a while. The pond has a nice population of small to medium largemouth with the occasional lunker mixed in. Rubber worms and topwater are the way to go. The pond has lilly pads and grass "pillars" with deep water around them. A truly nice piece of paradise to have on your property.

Went there last night and even though there was thunder from an incoming storm, we fished for a few hours. Nothing on top, but we both got a dozen nice fish on worms. With the weather the way it is, I'm going the bass route for the foreseeable future. We also fish Upper Greenwood. I sometimes walk the shoreline of the Franklin lakes conservation area (lots of snakes, not a lot of action).

Anybody have local lakes or ponds that are good bassin' waters?
The only feeling better than landing a nice fish is to watch it swim away unharmed.
alwaysfishing

Re: Bass Fishin'

Postby alwaysfishing on June 19th, 2017, 1:25 pm

Went to Franklin Lakes Nature Preserve, the old Hawthorne Reservoir. Got 3 quickly, 2 on rubber worms one on a Jitterbug. Then it stopped, rain was coming in. Not bad, not great but it was fun.
The only feeling better than landing a nice fish is to watch it swim away unharmed.
alwaysfishing

Return to Other Fishing