NJ TIC Info

Post any useful information here.

NJ TIC Info

Postby Twism86 on December 19th, 2016, 10:16 am

Hi all,

So my girlfriend is an environmental educator at the Cora Hartshorn Arboretum in Short Hills (right by the train station). She runs education programs that use some animals they have in their nature center building, many of which are local to NJ and the area. One thing they dont have are any local fish! So here is my question, has TIC ever sponsored a tank not a school and could a nature center qualify? If not, is there still a way for her to get info on tank set up and a way to get brook trout?

If TIC is not an option I am considering having GST provide some funding if donations could be obtained and use whats left in the donation paypal from years ago.

Thanks for any insight!!! Here is their website for any curious people: http://hartshornarboretum.org/

Tom
"Stupidity is scary, but genius is scarier.
Genius topples nations, genius built the atom bomb."
Twism86

Re: NJ TIC Info

Postby barkeater on December 19th, 2016, 11:46 am

TIC does provide eggs and food to non-schools {Manasquan Reservoir Environmental Center}. TIC does not sponsor tanks, at least not to any significant degree as far as I know. The cost for set up is about $1200 for tank and chiller and is born by the school or from third party donation. The hatchery has all the info on their web site.
barkeater

Postby Rusty Spinner on December 19th, 2016, 11:55 am

Twism86 wrote:Hi all,

So my girlfriend is an environmental educator at the Cora Hartshorn Arboretum in Short Hills (right by the train station). She runs education programs that use some animals they have in their nature center building, many of which are local to NJ and the area. One thing they dont have are any local fish! So here is my question, has TIC ever sponsored a tank not a school and could a nature center qualify? If not, is there still a way for her to get info on tank set up and a way to get brook trout?

If TIC is not an option I am considering having GST provide some funding if donations could be obtained and use whats left in the donation paypal from years ago.

Thanks for any insight!!! Here is their website for any curious people: http://hartshornarboretum.org/

Tom

In a word, Yes. Just contact Jessica Griglak at the Pequest Education Center as she is our TIC Coordinator for the state. I happen to know state council has funding set aside just for TIC....
Conservation is a state of harmony between men and land. Aldo Leopold
Rusty Spinner

Postby Twism86 on December 19th, 2016, 2:12 pm

Rusty Spinner wrote:
Twism86 wrote:Hi all,

Tom

In a word, Yes. Just contact Jessica Griglak at the Pequest Education Center as she is our TIC Coordinator for the state. I happen to know state council has funding set aside just for TIC....

I figured it was Jess, thanks ill have them reach out to her.
"Stupidity is scary, but genius is scarier.
Genius topples nations, genius built the atom bomb."
Twism86

Postby MR.MCR on December 19th, 2016, 2:14 pm

TIC is a great program and was always fun when I did it.....make sure the invertebrate study gets done as well..... Tom you could put the sacks in the small stream on my relatives property.....
NJ's #1 Estate Sale Company ...Estatesalesbyolga.com
MR.MCR

Return to Issues/Activities/Conservation/TU