Shannon's soft re-opening

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
Troutman

Re: Shannon's soft re-opening

Post by Troutman » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:58 pm

Rusty Spinner wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:51 pm
barkeater wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:43 am
The green sign outside will remain according to the new owner Abraham Beates. I don't know all the particulars but from what I do know it seemed easier to go with a new name and entity.
MikeB wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:18 am
Did all of you see that due to legal constraints they had to rebrand? South Branch Outfitters now, just saw this on IG this am.

I wish I knew them better, would have used my Firm to help them out with this.
Yes, but I'm somewhat limited in what I want to say here. Bottom line is the shop was failing financially with Jimmy in the hospital most of last year until his passing. Bills weren't being paid and his partners were left in the dark and unable to right the ship. They were forced to bail out or face a sinking ship right after both retired from their regular jobs. Add to that the fact that Jim never had a Wil set up, so everything had to go through Probate. There were other factors I won't discuss at length in a public forum, but who ever liked Les Shannon in the first place? Not me, that much I know. I didn't begin to frequent the shop until Jim and his first partner bought it from Les's wife after Les passed. Most anglers will still think of it as Shannon's and it will remain a traditional Catskill style fly shop. Staff and guides are the same, just new owners and both very nice people.
Most all the older SBR anglers will still know & referred to that place as Shannon's fly shop anyway imo.

As you most all know. Jim wasnt into this to make $$$$. He just LOVED the sport. He used to sell some things for cost or below just because. We all know he didnt make a penny from his private stockings into the public section of the SBR. It was done all for the LOVE of fishing. & forget about a youngster coming in with a passion to fish. The shop was his own personal candy store.

I wish the best to the new owners. I hope they keep the Jim Holland tradition alive..........
Was known as Troutman1