Flat Brook

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
SNJAngler

Flat Brook

Post by SNJAngler » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:54 am

Heading to Cystal Resort in 2 weeks with the family, never fished Flat Brook can't find stream temps in a quick search this morning. Is it worth a trip to the stream or should I take the golf clubs instead? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

njcatchrelease

Re: Flat Brook

Post by njcatchrelease » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:02 am

I fished Flat Brook last week and the water temp reached 68 but no higher. All this rain should keep the temp ok.
I took a ride there on Saturday to see how bad the rain had blown out the river and it was bad. It looked like a chocolate milk river. The river was over its banks in a few spots. I also went and checked out the Musconetcong river and it was worse.
If we dont get anymore big storms they should be back down to fishable levels in a week or so. The issue is that it is now going to be in the 90s again so water temp could be a factor again.
Golf might be your best bet.
Tight Lines

NJpatbee

Re: Flat Brook

Post by NJpatbee » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:48 am

I am not sure how much room you have but I would take both your clubs and fishing gear. If the Flatbrook is below 68F in the early morning you could get a couple of hours fishing starting just after dawn. There are also some great courses at Crystal Springs and I would take advantage of them.