Columbia Dam removal

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
Rusty Spinner

Re: Columbia Dam removal

Post by Rusty Spinner » Thu May 02, 2019 1:27 pm

troutfishing4life wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 8:48 am
Whats the reason why that section is still closed? I did drive by 3 weeks ago and did see if was closed. Where would you be able to access the river
The contractor was still working there and (I think) they are trying to get it all planted first before re-opening. But river restoration folks don't need the hassles of having people too close to heavy equipment due to the liability if we kill or maim you. :shock: :)
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

Dave B.

Post by Dave B. » Sun May 05, 2019 3:14 am

Drossi wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 8:02 am
Dave B. wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 9:30 pm
Drossi wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 5:02 pm

I thought the area including the parking lot was still closed? If anyone knows please confirm, I usually park there to fish the D for smallies but i'd prefer not to make the haul out there if I can't park.
The whole area from Warrington Rd to Rt. 94 is still closed. Shame too, I've been dying to fish it.
Is the WMA lot off Rt 46 near the Paulinskill's junction with the Big D closed as well or can you access that lower section of the river?
Yep, still closed. They still have the gate up across the entrance from 46. Basically the area is off limits from Warrington Rd to Rt 46. You can fish the short stretch from 46 to the mouth for what it's worth.

garden hackle

Post by garden hackle » Sun May 05, 2019 6:44 am

You cannot expect places to be open when work is still being conducted, even if you do not see work being conducted.
Public Service Announcement: Sometimes KARMA is best served cold!

Once a box salesman, always a box salesman, and he still cannot think outside of the box!