BFB - No kill Zone trip 11/20

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
MikeB

BFB - No kill Zone trip 11/20

Post by MikeB » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:00 pm

Would love to give you guys a good report.......only thing I saw was a 6" dead trout and wanted to pull it from the river to look for the transmitter. Couldn't get to it enough and was not risking slipping into the cold water.

Second, saw a sign that labeled the area a "No Black Bear Hunting Area" which was alarming. Saw a pile of scat by the deep slow moving pool as well so I decided to leave....

Rusty Spinner

Re: BFB - No kill Zone trip 11/20

Post by Rusty Spinner » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:16 pm

MikeB wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:00 pm
Would love to give you guys a good report.......only thing I saw was a 6" dead trout and wanted to pull it from the river to look for the transmitter. Couldn't get to it enough and was not risking slipping into the cold water.

Second, saw a sign that labeled the area a "No Black Bear Hunting Area" which was alarming. Saw a pile of scat by the deep slow moving pool as well so I decided to leave....
Our idiot Governor by Executive Order closed all black bear hunting on state-owned lands. He could not close it entirely or so he says. It is being fought in the courts as you might suspect. The next bear season begins a week from today during what is called 6 Day deer season.
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

cappy

Post by cappy » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:42 pm

MikeB wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:00 pm

6" - i'm thinking wild if it was intact.
Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.
Anatole France

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:12 pm

Cappy - Cant say for sure it was..

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:27 pm

MikeB wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:12 pm
If it was only 6", it was a wild brookie or brown. State doesn't stock anywhere near that small a size of rainbow. Unless it was one of the hatchery's famous "sunbows" :lol: By that, I mean some of the genetic mutants that survive to be stocked that look more like a sunfish than a rainbow trout.
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

cappy

Post by cappy » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:31 pm

Rusty Spinner wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:27 pm
MikeB wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:12 pm
If it was only 6", it was a wild brookie or brown. State doesn't stock anywhere near that small a size of rainbow. Unless it was one of the hatchery's famous "sunbows" :lol: By that, I mean some of the genetic mutants that survive to be stocked that look more like a sunfish than a rainbow trout.
LOL - Saw one caught on the Rockaway after the Fall stocking last year. Was full of sperm.
Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.
Anatole France

martalus

Post by martalus » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:04 am

The illusive Coney Island Whitefish, one of our lesser celebrated native species!