Raritan/Passaic headwater Brown trout

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
coaltrout

Raritan/Passaic headwater Brown trout

Post by coaltrout » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:57 pm

Fished some WTSs for last two weeks and picked out some good brown trout.

Thorns have been a PIA, watch out, id recommend bringing some hedge clippers and snip those nasties if they're in your way.

martalus

Re: Raritan/Passaic headwater Brown trout

Post by martalus » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:37 am

Nice work! Did you run into many wild bows in the Passaic headwaters? I last fished that area in 2014 and I only caught wild bows.

coaltrout

Post by coaltrout » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:15 am

martalus wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:37 am
Nice work! Did you run into many wild bows in the Passaic headwaters? I last fished that area in 2014 and I only caught wild bows.
Nah I was fishing some other passaic watershed tributary, not far from the stream you mentioned. But I know which wts you're talking about; I think njcatchandrelease did recently.

The stream I fished, from my knowledge, doesn't have any wild rainbows despite being pretty close in proximity to ones with them.

njcatchrelease

Post by njcatchrelease » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:35 am

coaltrout wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:15 am
martalus wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:37 am
Nah I was fishing some other passaic watershed tributary, not far from the stream you mentioned. But I know which wts you're talking about; I think njcatchandrelease did recently.

The stream I fished, from my knowledge, doesn't have any wild rainbows despite being pretty close in proximity to ones with them.
The WTS that I have been fishing has been giving up wild bows and brookies but no browns.
Tight Lines