Andy B

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
Post Reply
robtf
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:56 am

Andy B

Post by robtf » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:57 pm

If I'm recalling correctly, wasn't Andy B someone who used to tie classic wet flies (seem to recall him
recreating Ray Bergman type wet flies)

If so, anyone here from, or run into, him anymore?
----

living in the land of clammies

User avatar
Pete
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:08 am

Re: Andy B

Post by Pete » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:01 pm

Andy Brasco (screen name Andy B) was a wet fly specialist.
Especially good at Bergman style flies.

He stopped posting at NEFF in 2013 when Beetle was posting a lot of nonsense.
I haven't heard anything since.

Dave B.
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:28 pm

Re: Andy B

Post by Dave B. » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:10 am

Yup, Andy's a good guy. Last I spoke/corresponded with him he was living in the central Burlington Co. area, Rancocas Creek drainage, but that's been a number of years ago too. Hopefully he's still lurking around these sites and might decide to pop up and post since much of the B.S. that had been occurring that precipitated his departure has since gone away.

Jaybird
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:23 am

Re: Andy B

Post by Jaybird » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:50 am

I recall Andy really getting into music , I think blue Grass .... I also recall him selling some of his fly tying stuff on another message board . But yes extremely talented wet fly tier .

User avatar
Rusty Spinner
Posts: 243
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:35 pm
Location: Flanders, NJ
Contact:

Re: Andy B

Post by Rusty Spinner » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:25 am

Andy is alive and well on Facebook which is where most of the fishing talk has migrated to over the recent years. He's not fishing as much these days.
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

robtf
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:56 am

Re: Andy B

Post by robtf » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:55 am

Jaybird wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:50 am
I recall Andy really getting into music , I think blue Grass .... I also recall him selling some of his fly tying stuff on another message board . But yes extremely talented wet fly tier .
Wow, I work in Mt. Laurel and am into bluegrass. Surprised I haven't bumped into him yet, as I'm friendly with the circle of bluegrass musicians up here :P
----

living in the land of clammies

robtf
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:56 am

Re: Andy B

Post by robtf » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:56 am

Rusty Spinner wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:25 am
Andy is alive and well on Facebook which is where most of the fishing talk has migrated to over the recent years. He's not fishing as much these days.
Brian, if you can shoot his FB screenname over to me PM or email (both should be good here), I'd appreciate it.
----

living in the land of clammies

robtf
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:56 am

Re: Andy B

Post by robtf » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:56 am

...and thanks ALL for the replies!
----

living in the land of clammies

User avatar
Rusty Spinner
Posts: 243
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:35 pm
Location: Flanders, NJ
Contact:

Re: Andy B

Post by Rusty Spinner » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:21 am

robtf wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:56 am
Rusty Spinner wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:25 am
Andy is alive and well on Facebook which is where most of the fishing talk has migrated to over the recent years. He's not fishing as much these days.
Brian, if you can shoot his FB screenname over to me PM or email (both should be good here), I'd appreciate it.
He goes by his name, Andrew Brasko. He's in Mount Laurel, NJ.
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

robtf
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:56 am

Re: Andy B

Post by robtf » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:58 pm

Thanks, Brian. Connected with him.
----

living in the land of clammies

User avatar
lightenup
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:35 pm

Re: Andy B

Post by lightenup » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:46 pm

Anyone into bluegrass style music NEEDS to listen to Mandolin Orange, and The Steeldrivers...excellent music!!!

Dave B.
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:28 pm

Re: Andy B

Post by Dave B. » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:27 pm

lightenup wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:46 pm
Anyone into bluegrass style music NEEDS to listen to Mandolin Orange, and The Steeldrivers...excellent music!!!
Haven't heard of Mandolin Orange but the Steeldrivers are excellent!

User avatar
lightenup
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:35 pm

Re: Andy B

Post by lightenup » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:20 pm

Dave B. wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:27 pm
lightenup wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:46 pm
Anyone into bluegrass style music NEEDS to listen to Mandolin Orange, and The Steeldrivers...excellent music!!!
Haven't heard of Mandolin Orange but the Steeldrivers are excellent!
You must look up Mandolin Orange...go to you tube,start with "wildfire" the live studio one...then check out "The Wolves"...an amazing band with amazing writing..Andrew Marlin writes the songs and he is a genius!!!! let me know what you think!!

Also, the Steeldrivers with Chris Stapleton are quite a bit more soulful than that new singer... :P

Post Reply