lost rod/reel

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
Razorbacker

lost rod/reel

Post by Razorbacker » Mon May 27, 2019 10:15 am

I pulled a huge blunder a week ago Saturday, 5/18, and only realized it last night. I was parked at the gravel pull-off right past Elisabeth Lane and Bartley-Flanders Rd. After fishing the SBRR in the AM, I was packing up, and STUPIDLY left my rod/reel leaning in the bushes. I got a phone call from work as I was taking off my waders which completely distracted me, and I threw boots and waders in the back of the truck, jumped in and drove off.

If anyone happened by, and picked it up, I would greatly appreciate pinging me. It is a Hardy Shadow 8' 4WT, with a black Redington Drift 5/6 reel.

thanks.... signed, Forgetful.

Rusty Spinner

Re: lost rod/reel

Post by Rusty Spinner » Mon May 27, 2019 11:43 am

Ugh. Sorry, but that's not likely to show up anytime soon if I had to guess. But try calling Shannon's to see if anyone turned it in. It's worth the call.
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

garden hackle

Re: lost rod/reel

Post by garden hackle » Mon May 27, 2019 12:06 pm

I hope it shows up, some people are honest.

I got introduced to NJTROUT after finding an expensive outfit while walking the KLG one morning. I put up a sign and the owner contacted me and described the outfit right down to the fly. We met and he shoved a bunch of bills in my hand and would not take them back. He had bought a lifetime membership for TU and the rod/reel was his TU Gift and his only fly rod. Go back and check, maybe someone left a sign. Then check with Shannons.
Public Service Announcement: Sometimes KARMA is best served cold!

Once a box salesman, always a box salesman, and he still cannot think outside of the box!