India Brook mischeif

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
cappy

Re: India Brook mischeif

Post by cappy » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:54 pm

Yep Buttermilk Falls, thanks Brian.

Razorbacker

Post by Razorbacker » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:53 am

I hope this guy gets financially hammered.

NJAngler

Post by NJAngler » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:12 pm

The NJDFGW doesn't care if the trout population dwindles. I mean good riddance to all those invasive brown trout right? :roll:

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:38 pm

NJAngler wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:12 pm
The NJDFGW doesn't care if the trout population dwindles. I mean good riddance to all those invasive brown trout right? :roll:
They have been very concerned about this illegal activity and directly involved. I know because I involved them.....
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:38 pm

NJAngler wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:12 pm
They have been very concerned about this illegal activity and directly involved. I know because I involved them.....

NJAngler

Post by NJAngler » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:28 pm

I thought destroying wild browns was their priority/policy? I am being a bit facetious of course but I still can't get past the fact they were actually euthanizing them with the Rhinehart situation. They are a valuable fishing resource native or not. Just seems to go against everything they fight to preserve.

Years ago I came across a concrete barrier which was completely deflecting Mulhockaway Creek from its original channel and sending it off into woods in several different directions. I took a few pics, sent them to Pat Hamilton and she contacted enforcement. The WCO in charge found out a farmer who lived along the creek was tired of the stream flooding the back of his property so he built the dam. He was cited, fined and had to pay for its removal.
This is just what you see on public lands. One can only imagine what people are doing on private property. I have seen some truly epic bs as I tend to ignore posted signs(a stream cannot be owned IMO. I will argue that anytime) Stream channel diversion is common as it cutting away streamside vegetation and some serious dam building.

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:56 am

NJAngler wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:28 pm
I thought destroying wild browns was their priority/policy? I am being a bit facetious of course but I still can't get past the fact they were actually euthanizing them with the Rhinehart situation. They are a valuable fishing resource native or not. Just seems to go against everything they fight to preserve.

Years ago I came across a concrete barrier which was completely deflecting Mulhockaway Creek from its original channel and sending it off into woods in several different directions. I took a few pics, sent them to Pat Hamilton and she contacted enforcement. The WCO in charge found out a farmer who lived along the creek was tired of the stream flooding the back of his property so he built the dam. He was cited, fined and had to pay for its removal.
This is just what you see on public lands. One can only imagine what people are doing on private property. I have seen some truly epic bs as I tend to ignore posted signs(a stream cannot be owned IMO. I will argue that anytime) Stream channel diversion is common as it cutting away streamside vegetation and some serious dam building.
Only where they want to save native brook trout are they doing anything about wild browns, and that is less than a handful of the thousands of miles of wild trout water we have in NJ. In some waters, the Division is giving up on the native brook trout and embracing wild brown trophy fisheries. So I know you are being facetious, but it doesn't tell the entire story.