Fly Tieing Expo in Parsippany

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
cappy

Fly Tieing Expo in Parsippany

Post by cappy » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:05 pm

Anyone been to this in the past? Thoughts, and are flies available for sale?
Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.
Anatole France

Jaybird

Re: Fly Tieing Expo in Parsippany

Post by Jaybird » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:17 am

Yea this is just about a tradition for the weekend before Thanksgiving in NJ ( except 2 years ago it was in PA ). I think there's flys for sale , but it's more for the fly tier , but it's a great time none the less . Lots of experience in that room , take advantage of it .

joe_panella

Post by joe_panella » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:32 am

Jaybird wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:17 am
Yea this is just about a tradition for the weekend before Thanksgiving in NJ ( except 2 years ago it was in PA ). I think there's flys for sale , but it's more for the fly tier , but it's a great time none the less . Lots of experience in that room , take advantage of it .
I never knew about this. I just started tying so this should be cool. Something that is finally close to home.

Castaline

Post by Castaline » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:41 pm

I do enjoy this show. In some respects more that even the Edison Show. If you are a tyer or thinking of one I would highly recommend it. A bit more laid back than Edison and easier to talk to the tyers.

Jaybird

Post by Jaybird » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:39 am

When I first went to this show , all the big names where there tying Kreh Talluer , Clouser , Gartside ,Edwards ,Borger, George Harvey attended and missing a bunch of others .Theyer importance pre internet was immense. But I guess I'm saying don't take these guys for granted , they won't be here forever , and no the old guys aren't there , but there are a few guys who are doing amazing things with feather and thread and or keeping alive techniques and traditions that need to be preserved

cappy

Post by cappy » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:25 am

Bringing this back up. The show is this Weekend.
Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.
Anatole France