rain

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
martalus

rain

Post by martalus » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:12 am

Looks like there was a huge swath of 1-2 inch rain all across NW NJ as well as down the mid Atlantic including trout country of MD and VA. My wife and kid are out of town for next weeks so I am going to venture into the hills of MD and VA for some hiking and fishing this weekend and may come to up to NJ next weekend to visit my folks and fish. Fall/spawning season may not be the ideal time to fish, but based on my family's trip, its what I have so I will take advantage!

joe_panella

Re: rain

Post by joe_panella » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:26 am

Martalus, where in Maryland do you fish. I learned to flyfish in Western ma when I was at wvu

martalus

Re: rain

Post by martalus » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:49 am

I have only tried by Thurmont in the Catactin mountains in the Big Hunting Creek. Its only about an hour away from my house in far NW DC, so its easy to get to and there are several miles of public access for wild browns and brook trout. I know there is also very good fishing in Garrett County in Western Md, but that is a 3-4 hour trip each way. I hope to get there and WV one day. The Shenandoah's are only 1.5-2.5 hours so easier for a day trip.