Introductions!

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
CheeseburgerFly

Re: Introductions!

Post by CheeseburgerFly » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:11 pm

Hi everyone. I am new to the site but have been reading your posts for awhile before registering. I am from hunterdon county and mostly fish for trout with an 8'6" 4wt fly rod. I picked up the hobby this year and have really enjoyed it. It is hard to find time to fish with a young family, but i was rather successful nyphing. I have still yet to catch a trout on a dry but sunfish have proved easy lol. Truthfully my casting sucks but i have made strides with practice. I am also going to try to improve my smallmouth game on the fly with the trout fishing river temps reaching their max. I look forward to learning from all of you. Thank you for your time.

SNJAngler

Post by SNJAngler » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:54 am

Hey, From Southern New Jersey outside Philly. Get as out as much as possible with work and 4 kids. 95% of my trout fishing is fishing dries, my goal for 2018 has been to focus on nymphing, total failure so far this year. I would call the Lehigh an Pohopoco my home streams, now a days, you will find me fishing evenings with one of my daughters(18,6 and 3), have a few more years before before my son can enjoy fishing.

Halliday

Post by Halliday » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:13 pm

Greg Halliday from Eastern Monmouth County, NJ. I think Ive been here in a previous life but Ill post an intro nonetheless. Avid fly fisherman. Single hand, euro, French, Spanish, two hand, spey, Skagit, salt, fresh, whatever swims and will take a fly. I travel the country for work and usually have a couple rods with me for fishing in park ponds, lakes, streams, ditches, culverts, truck stops, whatever. Fish hard, fish as often as you can, challenge yourself, get out of your normal bounds, and have a good time doing it. Get screwed up trying something new, take notes, go back, fail, try again, get it right. There are no hard and fast rules, just what you make work through trial and error. Don't litter and treat the water like it is the life giving source that it is.

Thats all!

Twism86

Post by Twism86 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:53 pm

Welcome everyone and thanks for joining!

This is about the time we hit a summer lull as the water warms up and trout fishing slows down. Remember to check temps!
"Stupidity is scary but genius can be frightening.
Genius built the atom bomb. Genius topples nations."