Rainy friday night

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
coaltrout

Rainy friday night

Post by coaltrout » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:34 pm

Caught some browns in a stretch of stream ive been to before, but going upstream farther than last time warranted great results.

Browns were very active and there was a hole with 4 in total, 3 back to back. All hits on a lil jig with a white grub (mister twister lil bit)

Missed a big one and my friend who fished another section just lost two 20+ inchers today.

We are finding most fish in cover, undercut banks, not necessarily the deepest parts, but just deep enough.

martalus

Re: Rainy friday night

Post by martalus » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:46 am

Those are some healthy looking browns, especially the first one. That's amazing to find so many large ones biting in one pool/stream. Were the water conditions high/off color? From all the great fish that you guys are posting, the last couple years of good rain has made a real difference in the NJ wild trout populations!

Twism86

Post by Twism86 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:08 am

Nice healthy looking fish there!
"Stupidity is scary but genius can be frightening.
Genius built the atom bomb. Genius topples nations."

coaltrout

Post by coaltrout » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:09 pm

martalus wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:46 am
Those are some healthy looking browns, especially the first one. That's amazing to find so many large ones biting in one pool/stream. Were the water conditions high/off color? From all the great fish that you guys are posting, the last couple years of good rain has made a real difference in the NJ wild trout populations!
water was clear. Was able to see two strikes in one pool. My friend had those larger fish from a nearby branch/trib.

Too bad couldnt show those larger ones off on the camera, but they'll keep us wanting to go back :mrgreen: especially with more sub-normal temperatures so far this April. SMB fishing is probably good rn but I just cant get in the swing of it until im in warm air myself.