guess where Im @ on the Musky

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
BiggerThomas
Location: Whenever somebody's looking to be free...look in their eyes--you'll see me.

Re: guess where Im @ on the Musky

Post by BiggerThomas » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:08 pm

martalus wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:02 pm
So the third phone was an i phone 8 in an otterbox case and it survived the dunking. I was fishing a lake about a month ago with my kid and I saw the game warden coming to check licences. I opened the zipper on my vest to get my phone out, where I had a soft copy of my licence stored. Then I see my kid get her foot stuck in a root and almost fall in the lake and as I reached down to get her the phone came flying out was quickly staring up at me under three feet of water. I immediately turned it off which was bit awkward once the game warden arrived and asked for my licence. I told him the story and that I hadnt printed it yet as my office was closed. Luckily he believed me and didnt give me a ticket. My four year old also distracted him by asking him why he had hand cuffs and a gun and about twenty other questions like four year olds do. When I got home, I put the phone in a ziplock bag full of rice and a few days later I turned it back on without issue. Apparently the newer i phones are more water resistant, but the key is to turn them off intermediately.

Back to the Musky-looks like a nice spot. Are there wild browns and wild rainbows in that section?
Can't go wrong with the bag of rice, broski.
"Most anglers spend their lives in making rules for trout, and trout spend theirs in breaking them."

-From Letters to Young Fly-Fishers, (1926) Sir George Aston,

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:59 pm

martalus wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:02 pm
Back to the Musky-looks like a nice spot. Are there wild browns and wild rainbows in that section?
no wild fish in that section that I know of :(
Was known as Troutman1

njcatchrelease

Post by njcatchrelease » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:04 pm

martalus wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:59 pm
I have dropped three phones in the drink in the past 8 months.... one more and my wife won’t let me go fishing anymore!
I have a Samsung Galaxy S9+ smartphone and I use it underwater all the time. Felt real strange purposely sticking it underwater the first few times but now it comes natural. I get some nice release photos and videos such as this one: https://www.instagram.com/p/B5FujGyA_4_/
Tight Lines

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:33 pm

njcatchrelease wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:04 pm
martalus wrote:
I have dropped three phones in the drink in the past 8 months.... one more and my wife won’t let me go fishing anymore!
I have a Samsung Galaxy S9+ smartphone and I use it underwater all the time. Felt real strange purposely sticking it underwater the first few times but now it comes natural. I get some nice release photos and videos such as this one: https://www.instagram.com/p/B5FujGyA_4_/
:D :D :D :D
Was known as Troutman1

Twism86

Post by Twism86 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:34 am

njcatchrelease wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:04 pm
martalus wrote:
Nice! My iPhone 11 is supposedly very water resistant but I dont have the balls to dunk it yet!
"Stupidity is scary but genius can be frightening.
Genius built the atom bomb. Genius topples nations."