Is this your car on the WTS?

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
Rusty Spinner

Is this your car on the WTS?

Post by Rusty Spinner » Wed May 27, 2020 2:22 pm

So, we all know the issues with parking a vehicle to reach our favorite WTS places and hoping not to give ourselves and our fishing spots away. But when you drive a car like this, there simply is no hiding. Because I live nearby and drive through this area often, I see familiar vehicles at the pull out parking areas. This guy, if you know him, is constantly fishing the WTS section of the upper SBR at Naughright Road and Bartley Road in Long Valley. And he fishes it about 3X/week. :D :D
Bright blue Mustang.jpg
Bright blue Mustang.jpg (660.61 KiB) Viewed 15210 times
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

Twism86

Re: Is this your car on the WTS?

Post by Twism86 » Wed May 27, 2020 2:31 pm

Just my new ride!
"Stupidity is scary but genius can be frightening.
Genius built the atom bomb. Genius topples nations."

martalus

Post by martalus » Wed May 27, 2020 2:39 pm

Sweet ride! How do you know he is not out necking with a girlfriend? Does he have obvious bumper stickers or fishing rods that are visible?

CheeseburgerFly

Post by CheeseburgerFly » Wed May 27, 2020 2:59 pm

It's probably Lerner if it's a wild trout stream.....

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Wed May 27, 2020 3:09 pm

martalus wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 2:39 pm
Sweet ride! How do you know he is not out necking with a girlfriend? Does he have obvious bumper stickers or fishing rods that are visible?
I see him setting up his rod and gear or breaking it down several times each week. No front license plate likely means he's a PA interloper :shock: :D

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Fri May 29, 2020 12:20 pm

I like fishing that section of the sbr..... ;)
Was known as Troutman1

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Fri May 29, 2020 3:22 pm

Troutman wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 12:20 pm
I like fishing that section of the sbr..... ;)
:D :D

Vance

Post by Vance » Sat May 30, 2020 7:34 am

Hi, You do not have to have a front plate on your car now a days in Jersey. New cars do not need them. I hope that’s a standard shift with four on the floor with a 429 engine in it. I can see in the picture that his trunk lid is open so he had to be close by. Bill the mailman

BiggerThomas
Location: Whenever somebody's looking to be free...look in their eyes--you'll see me.

Post by BiggerThomas » Sat May 30, 2020 8:35 am

Vance wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 7:34 am
Hi, You do not have to have a front plate on your car now a days in Jersey. New cars do not need them.
Is that right? Recently, I've been seeing quite a few cars with only rear NJ plates, didn't know if they were just being mavericks or if a law had changed.
"Most anglers spend their lives in making rules for trout, and trout spend theirs in breaking them."

-From Letters to Young Fly-Fishers, (1926) Sir George Aston,

Twism86

Post by Twism86 » Sat May 30, 2020 12:36 pm

BiggerThomas wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 8:35 am
Vance wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 7:34 am
Hi, You do not have to have a front plate on your car now a days in Jersey. New cars do not need them.
Is that right? Recently, I've been seeing quite a few cars with only rear NJ plates, didn't know if they were just being mavericks or if a law had changed.
Could be a new car with only rear temp plate as well.

lightenup

Post by lightenup » Sat May 30, 2020 1:10 pm

People with nice expensive cars carry the plate inside so as not to ruin the beauty of the vehicle. The law hasn't changed. My boss drives a 911 and keeps the plate in the car rather than drilling holes in the front bumper to mount it. He has been stopped once and the cop let him go saying many people do it. 2 cents.

Twism86

Post by Twism86 » Sat May 30, 2020 10:00 pm

lightenup wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 1:10 pm
People with nice expensive cars carry the plate inside so as not to ruin the beauty of the vehicle. The law hasn't changed. My boss drives a 911 and keeps the plate in the car rather than drilling holes in the front bumper to mount it. He has been stopped once and the cop let him go saying many people do it. 2 cents.
Having a missing front plate is a good way to get a ticket for that when you get pulled over for some other violation ;) Such as ones that come when you own a Porsche.

46er

Post by 46er » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:49 am

Its legal to not have a front plate for cars registered for historic plates (QQ).

NEW JERSEY STATUTE 39:3-27.4. Historic motor vehicles
Notwithstanding the provisions of R.S.39:3-33 or any other law to the contrary, an owner of a vehicle registered as an historic vehicle, or any vehicle manufactured before 1945, shall not be required to display more than one special license plate issued for that vehicle, which plate shall be displayed on the rear of the vehicle.
But that Mustang is certainly not 25 years old :shock: I have two.
aka; Ralph

The irony of the Human condition is that we are so focused on reaching some point in our journey, some happiness, or some goal, that we seem to forget that the journey itself is where life happens.

Razorbacker

Post by Razorbacker » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:31 pm

LOL... I saw him parked right there the last time I was there a couple three weeks ago.

I caught a 20" brown in that hole under the now-gone deadfall tree a few years ago.

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:30 am

Razorbacker wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:31 pm
LOL... I saw him parked right there the last time I was there a couple three weeks ago.

I caught a 20" brown in that hole under the now-gone deadfall tree a few years ago.
Maybe 20 years ago or more there was another one similar upstream a ways that always held the biggest, baddest brown in the river. That snag is long gone now....that was my after work spot because I live just up the road in Flanders.

Razorbacker

Post by Razorbacker » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:38 pm

Rusty Spinner wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:30 am
Razorbacker wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:31 pm

Maybe 20 years ago or more there was another one similar upstream a ways that always held the biggest, baddest brown in the river. That snag is long gone now....that was my after work spot because I live just up the road in Flanders.
Yeah, the heavy rains of last year really changed the river (for the better? IDK...) between the old CNJ bridge and the Claremont pool. I think I know the other hole you're talking about... kind of halfway upstream from Naughright and the CNJ bridge. a big deadfall had created an "S" bend with a deep hole. COuld always count on at least one of the big club browns in there every trip. Now after the high flows, nada....