Wader question ?

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
Troutman

Wader question ?

Post by Troutman » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:42 pm

For all the guys that use waders. I have a question about them. I have some Simms G4Z for sometime now. Before that I used Redington Sonic Pro HDZ. & before that I used Simms G3. The Redingtons & the G3's all kept me pretty much dry. But I noticed the G4Z's have a heavy moisture build up after a warm day of fishing when I wade for long extended hours in the water. I they are breathable. They dont leak. But I never experienced the amount of moisture before. I am also using under armor 3.0 when its cold & patagonia capilene base layer when it hot outside for all 3 waders. Just wondering is this normal with the G4z"s :?:
Was known as Troutman1

lightenup

Re: Wader question ?

Post by lightenup » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:01 pm

Stop peeing yourself dude... :D
I have used Simms, some name I forget after a fly shop out west, Orvis silver something, the Wal Mart brand, Simms foriegn brand and recently since my Simms G3 zipper broke, my friend let me borrow some Orvis waders which were pretty awesome, but... They all last about the same amount of time. The Simms fit the best but I agree, are thicker and heavier. So far I prefer them and the warranty..got a couple pair of free waders, Anyway.yes I agree Simms catch and create more sweat...a Simms rep told me to turn them inside out to dry that first. Then the outside. Makes em smell better.

Troutman

Re: Wader question ?

Post by Troutman » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:13 pm

lightenup wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:01 pm
Stop peeing yourself dude... :D
I have used Simms, some name I forget after a fly shop out west, Orvis silver something, the Wal Mart brand, Simms foriegn brand and recently since my Simms G3 zipper broke, my friend let me borrow some Orvis waders which were pretty awesome, but... They all last about the same amount of time. The Simms fit the best but I agree, are thicker and heavier. So far I prefer them and the warranty..got a couple pair of free waders, Anyway.yes I agree Simms catch and create more sweat...a Simms rep told me to turn them inside out to dry that first. Then the outside. Makes em smell better.
:lol: :lol: :lol: . I aint that old yet...... :lol: thanks man. I thought it was just me with that issue. After every wading trip now Ive been inverting them to dry quicker. I was just thinkning to wear my Sonic's in the summertime only since they dont sweat as much. Im gonna look into that G3Z also now. I like the G3's dont sweat as much
Was known as Troutman1