CBS video on fly fishing's growing popularity during Q-tine

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
46er

Re: CBS video on fly fishing's growing popularity during Q-tine

Post by 46er » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:03 pm

I forget which Yellowstone book , but it mentioned wolf sightings in the Thorofare section of Yellowstone even before theyer reintroduction into the park .
There are photo's I have seen, taken by Kevin Sanders, a guide in MT I know, of wolves in Yellowstone back in 1992. He was working with Busch Productions on 2 films. I have a ton of pictures of them from my travels post 1995.
aka; Ralph

The irony of the Human condition is that we are so focused on reaching some point in our journey, some happiness, or some goal, that we seem to forget that the journey itself is where life happens.

Jaybird

Post by Jaybird » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:58 pm

46er wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:03 pm
I forget which Yellowstone book , but it mentioned wolf sightings in the Thorofare section of Yellowstone even before theyer reintroduction into the park .
There are photo's I have seen, taken by Kevin Sanders, a guide in MT I know, of wolves in Yellowstone back in 1992. He was working with Busch Productions on 2 films. I have a ton of pictures of them from my travels post 1995.
Good stuff .....just shows ya .....what ya don't know .

lightenup

Post by lightenup » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:13 pm

Troutman wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:14 pm
barkeater wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:46 pm
So when you leave this "dirty river state" to fish the West Branch please be advised that Deposit NY on the banks of the West branch was founded by the logging industry which is not exactly environmentally friendly. :lol:
I referring to chemicals when I state dirty ;) . The Musky in the past was lined up with industry in the past that polluted the waterways before the epa was established :( . The lower passiac was the same below paterson, Majority of the water ways shares this story in NJ sadly. Im glad to see alot has changed & improving. But lets face it. Im not going to hand cup a drink out water out of it like I would in Montana, colorado, or washington state. I wish there was more to be done to restore all NJ waterways to its pre- industry era
I wouldn't drink the water in Montana or any of those rivers. They have nasty parasites in them like Giardia, great for a diet to lose weight!

46er

Post by 46er » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:02 pm

Its not wise to take a sip from any body of water without treating it first. Giardia is found in just about every state.

aka; Ralph

The irony of the Human condition is that we are so focused on reaching some point in our journey, some happiness, or some goal, that we seem to forget that the journey itself is where life happens.

BiggerThomas
Location: Whenever somebody's looking to be free...look in their eyes--you'll see me.

Post by BiggerThomas » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:26 pm

No sh*t? :lol:
"Most anglers spend their lives in making rules for trout, and trout spend theirs in breaking them."

-From Letters to Young Fly-Fishers, (1926) Sir George Aston,