Van Campens restoration project.

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
46er

Re: Van Campens restoration project.

Post by 46er » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:42 am

Totally agree. DWGNRA is a BIG place from Milford to the Gap on both sides of the river. Not enough LE for the area, but even if there were, with the anti-LE environment nowadays, and it being a fed facility, I have my doubts of any enforcement. :(
aka; Ralph

The irony of the Human condition is that we are so focused on reaching some point in our journey, some happiness, or some goal, that we seem to forget that the journey itself is where life happens.

kennyp2339

Re: Van Campens restoration project.

Post by kennyp2339 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:26 am

I think the discussion needs to branch further into why we all need to encourage preservation / conservation education in our schools, I was lucky enough to be raised in a more rural area of NJ, essentially forced to part take in the cub scouts as a kid because thats what all the neighborhood kids did, I was able to learn through earning different badges about our environment, ecosystems and how to care for it. I understand that times are way different, night and day from even the early 90's when I was being educated as a youngster, but I can say it worked because certain things I learned stuck w/ me to this very day, if we can get some of those things taught mainstream in the class room, perhaps a new generation of kids can help curb what the adults are doing now, and maybe when they're old enough, we wont get the stream parties that we're seeing now.