Page 1 of 1

"There's one in every crowd..."

Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:09 pm
by MickyFinn
Thought I'd share this experience--took place a couple of evenings ago on the local trout stream. Arrive to find the place empty and fish are rising. Attempt to get down the steep bank and enter the water with minimal disturbance, then move out to mid-stream position where I could best cast to the feeding fish. In short order, I've landed four RBW and two BRN--others continue to rise just upstream. Great fun.

Then something causes me to look to my left. A thick-necked guy with shaved head all-but-tumbles down the ten-foot streambank to the water's edge--like he's in a big hurry--pants are on fire and he needs to get to the water. No waders, he stops at the water's edge almost within reach of my nine-foot fly rod. Yeah, you can imagine what I was thinking: "Dude!...".

But then this sudden intruder blurts out something like, "Yeah, nice--wading right in the middle of the pool and scaring the fish. What a d__k!" To which I shoot back, "Hey, bud'--that's how you catch fish." I'm thinking, "Hey, bro'--wise up. You're horning in on my fishing." With his clumsy arrival, he probably put-down all the fish in that pool, but is unfazed, replies, "No you don't; that's how you scare fish. You're a d__k!"

Well, I guess I was nervy enough to have occupied that guy's favorite spot without checking with him beforehand about whether he was planning to fish there at some time in that day--or consulting him about fishing etiquette. He might have said something to the effect that the wading fisherman must always yield to the streambank-bound sociopath. But the jackass, really tainted an otherwise-enjoyable outing.

Re: "There's one in every crowd..."

Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:58 pm
by BiggerThomas
MickyFinn wrote: ↑
Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:09 pm
A thick-necked guy with shaved head .
Say no more, broski. Say no more.

Re: "There's one in every crowd..."

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:57 am
by Jaybird
You and your Fancy wading pants , .....sounds like a great fella , I'm sure the Little Lady at home is all smiles .

Re: "There's one in every crowd..."

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:49 am
by Bubba Zinetti
I think that this, or something like it, has happened to all of us at one time or another. Sorry that a jerk disturbed your calm. Unfortunately there is not much that you can do in situations like this without escalating the problem. Thankfully the person left.

Re: "There's one in every crowd..."

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:59 am
by BiggerThomas
Jaybird wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:57 am
You and your Fancy wading pants , .....sounds like a great fella , I'm sure the Little Lady at home is all smiles .
Don't forget the chopper... 8-)

Re: "There's one in every crowd..."

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:37 pm
by Troutman
that was you :roll: :roll: :?: . next time Ill throw rocks into that pool your fishing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: "There's one in every crowd..."

Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:13 am
by BiggerThomas
Troutman wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:37 pm
that was you :roll: :roll: :?: . next time Ill throw rocks into that pool your fishing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's actually a great strategy... :lol:

Re: "There's one in every crowd..."

Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:28 am
by MikeB
Happened to me at the Muskie on Tuesday, thankfully the family of geese chased him away.

Re: "There's one in every crowd..."

Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:48 pm
by Troutman
BiggerThomas wrote: ↑
Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:13 am
Troutman wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:37 pm
that was you :roll: :roll: :?: . next time Ill throw rocks into that pool your fishing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's actually a great strategy... :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: