Moonshine Rod Co.

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
Razorbacker

Moonshine Rod Co.

Post by Razorbacker » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:37 am

anyone have one or tried one?

BiggerThomas
Location: Whenever somebody's looking to be free...look in their eyes--you'll see me.

Re: Moonshine Rod Co.

Post by BiggerThomas » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:28 am

No, but the combo sounds appealing :lol:
"Most anglers spend their lives in making rules for trout, and trout spend theirs in breaking them."

-From Letters to Young Fly-Fishers, (1926) Sir George Aston,

Jaybird

Post by Jaybird » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:53 am

Never used one but the graphite rod itself probably comes from the same Korean Factory as many others.

Razorbacker

Post by Razorbacker » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:47 am

I tell you one thing... they have incredible customer service. Send an email, and you have an answer from an owner (Tate) within an hour or so, even on weekends.

Their better rods are made in ROK (which most are), with maybe some specialty rods made in TN-USA. I bought a Vesper 9' 5WT to replace the Douglas SKY that I LOST a couple years ago. From what I remember about the SKY, and I used it out west on a couple of trips as well as West Branch several times, the Vesper is on par. And $250 less, and $350 less than the SKY G which I do not have any experience with.

Nothing but great feedback across all boards on these rods, FWIW. All rods come with 2 tip sections as well... not a bad deal at all. It's going with me to the Penobscot in a couple weeks.