Thank Shannons :

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
BillSmith

Thank Shannons :

Post by BillSmith » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:48 pm

They don't have to do this but they do, a big thank you from me !

https://vimeo.com/637131412?fbclid=IwAR ... xc1tDUJYT4

MikeB

Re: Thank Shannons :

Post by MikeB » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:38 pm

Thanks Shannons as always and thank you Bill for sharing

barkeater

Post by barkeater » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:22 pm

Thanks Shannons. Great shop. Great people.

Fishybig

Post by Fishybig » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:46 pm

BillSmith wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:48 pm
They don't have to do this but they do, a big thank you from me !

https://vimeo.com/637131412?fbclid=IwAR ... xc1tDUJYT4
Heard about this over the weekend...actually george told me...you are right!! everyone owes them a big thank you...its nice when things like this happen!! even when it was tied to a tourney like used to happen in downtown clinton...some fish will holdover and alllll types of fisherman benefit...

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:07 pm

THANK YOU Shannons .......................
Was known as Troutman1

lightenup

Post by lightenup » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:07 pm

All you people really want to thank them. PUT MONEY IN THE CAN!!!!!

Drossi

Post by Drossi » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:09 pm

Thanks to Shannons and all their donors that make this happen.

Keep people crowding the SBR and leave the other waters open for me!
You're NOT worthy
Purveyor of the dark art of the long rod
slingin' cane

joe_panella

Post by joe_panella » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:14 pm

Do they take paypal donation anywhere?

joe_panella

Post by joe_panella » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:16 pm

Drossi wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:09 pm
Thanks to Shannons and all their donors that make this happen.

Keep people crowding the SBR and leave the other waters open for me!
I used to love fishing on river road. All i did was walk away from the people and i fished alone. People didn't like to leave the parking spot.

troutfishing4life

Post by troutfishing4life » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:37 pm

While I say a big thank you to Shannons for this. I think the timing of the stocking is poor. They should have waited until November after every googan with a stringer stops fishing until the spring and then stock the fish. These are nice fish that would hold nicely all winter but alot go into buckets and peoples freezers is terrible to see

Drossi

Post by Drossi » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:58 am

troutfishing4life wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:37 pm
While I say a big thank you to Shannons for this. I think the timing of the stocking is poor. They should have waited until November after every googan with a stringer stops fishing until the spring and then stock the fish. These are nice fish that would hold nicely all winter but alot go into buckets and peoples freezers is terrible to see
November starts on Monday? Why would that be any different, people with stringers and bucket would still be there next week, 2 weeks from now, etc.
You're NOT worthy
Purveyor of the dark art of the long rod
slingin' cane

BillSmith

Post by BillSmith » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:31 pm

troutfishing4life wrote:
Great time to stock, been out lately, the rivers are matted with leaves, can barely get off a cast !! These are larger fish with built up body fat and don't need to feed right away, they will put on the feed bag around mid November.

lightenup

Post by lightenup » Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:41 pm

BillSmith wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:31 pm
troutfishing4life wrote:
Great time to stock, been out lately, the rivers are matted with leaves, can barely get off a cast !! These are larger fish with built up body fat and don't need to feed right away, they will put on the feed bag around mid November.
They have been eating though...and are very easily caught. So fat they don't fight...makes 'em easy to get in the bucket or the end of a stringer ;)

Fishybig

Post by Fishybig » Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:42 pm

lightenup wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:41 pm
BillSmith wrote:
troutfishing4life wrote:
They have been eating though...and are very easily caught. So fat they don't fight...makes 'em easy to get in the bucket or the end of a stringer ;)

Well they are pre programmed to eat everything....thats how they survive in the raceways, eat everything and often....pretty sure they eat alota sticks and rocks in the first buncha days...till they figure out what natural food is

lightenup

Post by lightenup » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:05 am

Fishybig wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:42 pm
lightenup wrote:
BillSmith wrote:

Well they are pre programmed to eat everything....thats how they survive in the raceways, eat everything and often....pretty sure they eat alota sticks and rocks in the first buncha days...till they figure out what natural food is
you should watch Ozzie Ozefich...somethings videos on trout feeding underwater.

Fishybig

Post by Fishybig » Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:20 pm

lightenup wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:05 am
Fishybig wrote:
lightenup wrote:

Im a central tu member since my teens...have all his vids...got his first way back when he was giving them away....but it is gr8 to see just how fast they can eat and then eject something that doesn't feel right

lightenup

Post by lightenup » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:57 am

Fishybig wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:20 pm
lightenup wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:05 am
Fishybig wrote:

Im a central tu member since my teens...have all his vids...got his first way back when he was giving them away....but it is gr8 to see just how fast they can eat and then eject something that doesn't feel right
Like the big wads of moss and such, I believe he said they can suck bugs out of them and spit the vegetation....unreal.

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:19 pm

troutfishing4life wrote:
Remember that those same googans also buy fishing tackle and bait from Shannon's..... ;)
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

lightenup

Post by lightenup » Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:23 pm

HEY SHANNON"S. Ya'll need a new can. Put money in there yesterday. The sign is gone, the lid is all cracked and falling in. If you can't afford it I'll bring you one. ;)

troutfishing4life

Post by troutfishing4life » Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:05 pm

The whole river from KLG up to the new Wild trout area should all be a TCA so much great water in there thats gets fished out. also some really nice wild fish in there as well