Getting ready for the New Year

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
Troutman

Re: Getting ready for the New Year

Post by Troutman » Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:24 pm

cappy wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:50 am
Troutman wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:59 pm
cappy wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:58 pm
I purchase online and print it. Got it a couple of weeks ago when the email was sent.
Happy New Year all.
I never tried that as I always wanted the green waterproof paper its printed on from a agent
It's great, no need to go to a store and take a chance the machine is working. I print a bunch and put a copy in each of my bags and one in the truck's glove compartment as a last resort backup. I place them in waterproof license holders, no worries about water damage.
I love those zipper lock license holders. I dont ever remember 1 of those actually allowing water in. I was thinking of taking a picture & leaving it on my phone just as a back up. Sometimes I stop @ urban ponds & try my luck when Im in my service vehicle with the minimal fishing gear
Was known as Troutman1

Fishybig

Post by Fishybig » Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:33 pm

I detest facebook...not a member...have a nice new year

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:42 pm

Fishybig wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:33 pm
Thanks Nick ;)
Was known as Troutman1

Fishybig

Post by Fishybig » Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:33 pm

Troutman wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:42 pm
Fishybig wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:33 pm
Thanks Nick ;)
???

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:54 am

Troutman wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:24 pm
cappy wrote:
Troutman wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:59 pm

I never tried that as I always wanted the green waterproof paper its printed on from a agent
It's great, no need to go to a store and take a chance the machine is working. I print a bunch and put a copy in each of my bags and one in the truck's glove compartment as a last resort backup. I place them in waterproof license holders, no worries about water damage.
I love those zipper lock license holders. I dont ever remember 1 of those actually allowing water in. I was thinking of taking a picture & leaving it on my phone just as a back up. Sometimes I stop @ urban ponds & try my luck when Im in my service vehicle with the minimal fishing gear
Print several fishing licenses w trout stamp and keep one in your glovebox and another in your wallet plus the one in your regular fishing vest/bag/chestpack.
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:37 pm

Rusty Spinner wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:54 am
Troutman wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:24 pm
cappy wrote:
Print several fishing licenses w trout stamp and keep one in your glovebox and another in your wallet plus the one in your regular fishing vest/bag/chestpack.
I did this today with a color ink printer. Looks identical to the original ;) . Thanks guys.....
Was known as Troutman1

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:37 pm

It used to be only fishing licenses were legit when printed at home, but for the last two years and now in year three, we can do the same for our hunting licenses here in NJ.
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

robtf

Post by robtf » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:00 am

Troutman wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:15 pm
out with the old ;)
In with the new ;)
Even got my shopping for the new year season :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Life doesnt get any better folks ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
what's the secret to using that pasty trout bait? Do you have to keep it refrigerated? whenever I've tried it, never seems to stay on the hook, unlike the pellets for example
----

living in the land of clammies