Is this the new fly that everyone is raving about ?

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
Troutman

Is this the new fly that everyone is raving about ?

Post by Troutman » Mon May 02, 2022 4:34 pm

heard it the new best thing to slice bread :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Was known as Troutman1

BiggerThomas
Location: Whenever somebody's looking to be free...look in their eyes--you'll see me.

Re: Is this the new fly that everyone is raving about ?

Post by BiggerThomas » Mon May 02, 2022 9:34 pm

Corn fly?
"Most anglers spend their lives in making rules for trout, and trout spend theirs in breaking them."

-From Letters to Young Fly-Fishers, (1926) Sir George Aston,

cappy

Post by cappy » Tue May 03, 2022 4:40 am

BiggerThomas wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 9:34 pm
Corn fly?
Carp fly
Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.
Anatole France

46er

Post by 46er » Tue May 03, 2022 8:13 am

Velveeta cheese :shock:
aka; Ralph

The irony of the Human condition is that we are so focused on reaching some point in our journey, some happiness, or some goal, that we seem to forget that the journey itself is where life happens.

martalus

Post by martalus » Tue May 03, 2022 8:15 am

I forgot all about corn as a trout bait-Seeing that fly, I had a flashback to my first trout trips with my dad where we caught stocked trout on canned corn.

Twism86

Post by Twism86 » Tue May 03, 2022 10:09 am

BiggerThomas wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 9:34 pm
Corn fly?
Carp on the fly are loads of fun!!!
"Stupidity is scary but genius can be frightening.
Genius built the atom bomb. Genius topples nations."

lightenup

Post by lightenup » Tue May 03, 2022 3:59 pm

What ever happened to "fly" fishing"? We are supposed to be representing aquatic insects in all stages of life, not a canned corn kernel, I mean, I am even against egg flies and squirmy worms. Fur and Feathers only, maybe some carpet material....Ya'll should go back to powerbait and worms... :D :D :D :D Sheeeeesh. Talk about stomping tradition.

BiggerThomas
Location: Whenever somebody's looking to be free...look in their eyes--you'll see me.

Post by BiggerThomas » Tue May 03, 2022 4:51 pm

lightenup wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 3:59 pm
What ever happened to "fly" fishing"? We are supposed to be representing aquatic insects in all stages of life, not a canned corn kernel, I mean, I am even against egg flies and squirmy worms. Fur and Feathers only, maybe some carpet material....Ya'll should go back to powerbait and worms... :D :D :D :D Sheeeeesh. Talk about stomping tradition.
Exactly. If anyone shows up to the GST Group Fishing Day with one of these repulsive chunks of grub, it's not gonna be pretty :lol: Just kidding of course but I'd love to see the c/o ask wtf that thing is :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Most anglers spend their lives in making rules for trout, and trout spend theirs in breaking them."

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Wed May 04, 2022 9:04 am

BiggerThomas wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 4:51 pm
lightenup wrote:
Exactly. If anyone shows up to the GST Group Fishing Day with one of these repulsive chunks of grub, it's not gonna be pretty :lol: Just kidding of course but I'd love to see the c/o ask wtf that thing is :lol: :lol: :lol:
If anyone knows where Five Maples is on the lower Musky, then you would want one of these flies for that stretch of river. I always find (and remove) empty cans of corn. It's like a religion in that spot for reasons I don't know. Maybe it's just one angler leaving his empty corn can every time, but there are always a few scattered about on the rocks. Pisses me off that they leave the empty cans. You brought it in full, now it's lighter because it's empty. Carry it the F out!
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

lightenup

Post by lightenup » Wed May 04, 2022 12:17 pm

Rusty Spinner wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 9:04 am
BiggerThomas wrote:
lightenup wrote:
If anyone knows where Five Maples is on the lower Musky, then you would want one of these flies for that stretch of river. I always find (and remove) empty cans of corn. It's like a religion in that spot for reasons I don't know. Maybe it's just one angler leaving his empty corn can every time, but there are always a few scattered about on the rocks. Pisses me off that they leave the empty cans. You brought it in full, now it's lighter because it's empty. Carry it the F out!
Is throwing chum illegal in the KLG? I mean, open a can of corn, toss some out to the trout, and tie that fly on. Asking for a friend ;)

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Thu May 05, 2022 9:21 am

lightenup wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 12:17 pm
Rusty Spinner wrote:
BiggerThomas wrote:

Is throwing chum illegal in the KLG? I mean, open a can of corn, toss some out to the trout, and tie that fly on. Asking for a friend ;)
No different than a pellet fly on club property which is always popular with certain fly anglers.
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

BiggerThomas

Post by BiggerThomas » Fri May 06, 2022 10:15 am

lightenup wrote:
Rusty Spinner wrote:
BiggerThomas wrote:

I dropped a few pizza-flavored Combos into the KLG by mistake one day while fumbling for some 7x tippet. Does that count? :lol:

lightenup

Post by lightenup » Fri May 06, 2022 3:20 pm

BiggerThomas wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 10:15 am
lightenup wrote:
Rusty Spinner wrote:

I dropped a few pizza-flavored Combos into the KLG by mistake one day while fumbling for some 7x tippet. Does that count? :lol:
Only if you have a pizza combo looking fly...no?