Trolling other Forums

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
MikeB

Trolling other Forums

Post by MikeB » Thu May 12, 2022 3:54 pm

I cannot believe for the life of me how many people do not practice CnR along with posting pics like they do:

https://www.njwoodsandwater.com/forums/ ... ay-hookie/

I am actually disgusted by this....

martalus

Re: Trolling other Forums

Post by martalus » Thu May 12, 2022 4:09 pm

Those filets did have better color than the average stocker...
Not sure why he had to post the gut/carcass pile.

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Thu May 12, 2022 4:24 pm

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Thu May 12, 2022 4:25 pm

Might be my favorite: https://www.njwoodsandwater.com/forums/ ... 10-inches/

Handle fish much??

Fishybig

Post by Fishybig » Thu May 12, 2022 5:22 pm

MikeB wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 3:54 pm
I cannot believe for the life of me how many people do not practice CnR along with posting pics like they do:

https://www.njwoodsandwater.com/forums/ ... ay-hookie/

I am actually disgusted by this....
Its the exact reason for the per day limits, so guys like these dont take 20 or 30 a day...dont really care for them wasting the resources but once its in their legal possession i supose they can do whatever they want with em , even if it is to help the garden grow....sad but not suprising at all

joe_panella

Post by joe_panella » Thu May 12, 2022 7:27 pm

I have no problem if it's legal. The vast majority of trout stocked wouldn't make it through the summer anyway. What always bothers me is we don't take 10% of the water and really work on the fishery,. C and r, stream rehab, trying to improve chances of reproduction, stocking fingerlings. I remember one fall years ago when the musky got thousands of advanced surplus fingerling bows in the fall. In the spring they fought and looked like wild fish. Instead we just dump tons of 10.5" rainbows everywhere.

Drossi

Post by Drossi » Fri May 13, 2022 9:39 am

They're stockies, they'll just make more anyways. So long as they're taken legally, who cares if people take them home to fillet, eat, and use the remains to fertilize their gardens. Plus as Joe P. said most of them would boil in the summer anyway. Glad people make good use of them. I might even have to kill and grill a few this year. I'll wait until early July and knock a few from one of the marginal streams where summer survival is iffy at best.
You're NOT worthy
Purveyor of the dark art of the long rod
slingin' cane

troutfishing4life

Post by troutfishing4life » Fri May 13, 2022 10:09 am

Why does this bother you so much?

troutfishing4life

Post by troutfishing4life » Fri May 13, 2022 10:10 am

These guys are keeping a few fish whats the big deal. The one post you are "trolling" the guy is fishing a lake so all those trout will go belly up in the summer.

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Fri May 13, 2022 10:57 am

Did I miss a major regulation change where NJ went 100% C&R only??? That must be it, because who in their right mind cares about guys catching up to their legal limits and keeping them for the table? At least one of those posters is fishing south Jersey ponds where 100% of those stocked rainbows will die by next month. Castigate the poachers, but legal anglers are legal anglers. BTW, I'm "Bucksnbows" on that site and a moderator, so I get to know most of the posters over time. That is a hunting first site, so no surprise it will have a higher percentage of catch and kill than C&R.
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Fri May 13, 2022 11:26 am

Just an observation Rusty that is all. I agree every licensed person in NJ has that right, not arguing that or the fact that most of those fish will die with the warmer conditions. Just an observation that is all.

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Fri May 13, 2022 12:19 pm

MikeB wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 11:26 am
Just an observation Rusty that is all. I agree every licensed person in NJ has that right, not arguing that or the fact that most of those fish will die with the warmer conditions. Just an observation that is all.
It's all good. We have had a saying since trout forums first came about that trout from Pequest are just like Doritos, they will always make more. I get offended when I see blatant violations like too many on a stringer, using bait where that is not allowed, worm containers scattered on the river's edge, etc. But I think it's fine we allow some harvest, especially from a renewable resource like hatchery trout. And just remember, NJ Woods & Waters is mostly a hunting site and has a larger percentage of catch and kill than a site like this would. But it's a great site for those that love hunting, fishing, trapping, and the overall outdoors pursuits. MRMCR is over there as is TroutfishingforLife or however Mike does his screen name. Others as well! :)
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Fri May 13, 2022 1:26 pm

stocked trout in a body of water that would not survive normally thru the summer months should be taken from the legal fisherman. Its pretty much a waste. thou some mite be able to argue nature will take care of it. example turttles and other natural feeders that will consume the dead fish that wont make it.

I dont eat any freshwater species of fish. just not my thing. I do consume fish. but only certain saltwater species. so its a waste for me to take any stocked trout home.
Was known as Troutman1

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Fri May 13, 2022 1:56 pm

I agree with all of your points gents 100% and yes it makes sense to keep the fish.

Quick story: A couple of years ago a member here sent me to KLG and gave me some pointers. While I was there I saw a gentleman with his family fishing, they had a van parked nearby and when they caught a fish they immediately ran to the van to put them in there. I never said a word to them bc 1) what IF they needed that to feed their family and 2) I fish to avoid aggravation and to relax.

Ok off the soapbox....

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Fri May 13, 2022 2:38 pm

MikeB wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 1:56 pm

Quick story: A couple of years ago a member here sent me to KLG and gave me some pointers. While I was there I saw a gentleman with his family fishing, they had a van parked nearby and when they caught a fish they immediately ran to the van to put them in there.
Im surprised they got away with it. That area is heavily patrolled by NJF&G :o .
Was known as Troutman1

troutfishing4life

Post by troutfishing4life » Fri May 13, 2022 3:24 pm

MikeB wrote:
Quick story: A couple of years ago a member here sent me to KLG and gave me some pointers. While I was there I saw a gentleman with his family fishing, they had a van parked nearby and when they caught a fish they immediately ran to the van to put them in there. I never said a word to them bc 1) what IF they needed that to feed their family and 2) I fish to avoid aggravation and to relax.

See now thats just a terrible view you always need to say something! Talking about guys from woods and water and then not saying something about keeping fish in KLG. Just straight STUPIDITY

lightenup

Post by lightenup » Fri May 13, 2022 3:41 pm

Troutman wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 2:38 pm
MikeB wrote:

Quick story: A couple of years ago a member here sent me to KLG and gave me some pointers. While I was there I saw a gentleman with his family fishing, they had a van parked nearby and when they caught a fish they immediately ran to the van to put them in there.
Im surprised they got away with it. That area is heavily patrolled by NJF&G :o .
It really isn't patrolled well anymore....they are to busy to walk the road now. When they could drive the length they patrolled more. I haven't seen 1 division patroller for 2 years there. before that it wasn't very often either. Although I have used the phone number on the signs to report poachers and bait fishermen in the KLG..; especially the guy with the spider neck tattoo, wasn't saying shit to him. They might find my body in Lake Solitude if I did.

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Fri May 13, 2022 3:42 pm

Stupid perhaps - was a Hispanic family (husband, wife and 2 kids) and I tend to think differently especially during a pandemic. And I did not see any patrols that day...

cappy

Post by cappy » Fri May 13, 2022 4:20 pm

MikeB wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 3:42 pm
Stupid perhaps - was a Hispanic family (husband, wife and 2 kids) and I tend to think differently especially during a pandemic. And I did not see any patrols that day...
Still doesn't make it right, same as crossing the border illegally.
Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.
Anatole France

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Fri May 13, 2022 9:22 pm

lightenup wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 3:41 pm
Troutman wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 2:38 pm
MikeB wrote:

It really isn't patrolled well anymore....they are to busy to walk the road now. When they could drive the length they patrolled more. I haven't seen 1 division patroller for 2 years there. before that it wasn't very often either. Although I have used the phone number on the signs to report poachers and bait fishermen in the KLG..; especially the guy with the spider neck tattoo, wasn't saying shit to him. They might find my body in Lake Solitude if I did.
thats sad to hear. i fished there about a week straight about 4 years ago. I got checked 3 times that week. twice deep in the gorge & once under the hoffman x crossing bridge.
Was known as Troutman1