Gas prices $$$$$$$

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
lightenup

Re: Gas prices $$$$$$$

Post by lightenup » Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:10 am

Troutman wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 5:41 pm
lightenup wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 2:38 pm
I drive a 2011 Toyota 4RUNNER...17.5 MPG, but now I am part time pulling a Taco trailer, so that MPG will plummet...If you are interested we will be at The Columbia trail in High Bridge every other weekend for a few hours for street tacos..if posting that breaks rules here remove it, or tell me and I will. Classic street Tacos, carnitas, steak and chicken, horchata, coke, diet coke, water, chips salsa, guac....we got it all. Tia' B's Tacos on Face book. look it up!!
what part of HIGH Bridge ? I fish the SBR often in that area. Ball fields or more near down town :?:
Up the hill in the commons parking lot . The Columbia trailhead ..

Johnw

Post by Johnw » Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:13 am

I drive a 2006 Honda CRV woth 168,000 miles on it. Gas mileage is not great but it is headed to Roscoe on Sunday. At this point I just hope the CRV lasts longer than me.

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:22 am

Troutman wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 6:08 pm
Rusty Spinner wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 2:20 pm
A nasty recession is on its way, and that will finally quell these prices as demand finally plummets. But when that happens is still a bit of a mystery. That said, I'm headed up to Dreamcatcher Lodge Thursday morning for a 4 day trip that I paid for last May, so other than a $175 fill up with regular unleaded for the truck, I don't have many expenses. And I can run up and back on about a half a tank.
Im actually head up to Deposit this Friday to Tuesday. I can make it up there & back with a full tank. But just limit my driving while Im up there & Im okay. The weather seems to be GREAT this weekend.
I leave tomorrow through Sunday. We have 5 drift boats for 12 anglers, so we can drift or wade any day we want. Staying in Deposit at Dreamcatcher Lodge on the WBD. It's Bug Week!
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:43 pm

Johnw wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:13 am
I drive a 2006 Honda CRV woth 168,000 miles on it. Gas mileage is not great but it is headed to Roscoe on Sunday. At this point I just hope the CRV lasts longer than me.
Im @ 220,000 miles already :o . Im driving this sucker until the wheels fall off. Then sticking them back on & drive it some more :lol: :lol:
Was known as Troutman1

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:47 pm

Rusty Spinner wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:22 am
Troutman wrote:
Rusty Spinner wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 2:20 pm
A nasty recession is on its way, and that will finally quell these prices as demand finally plummets. But when that happens is still a bit of a mystery. That said, I'm headed up to Dreamcatcher Lodge Thursday morning for a 4 day trip that I paid for last May, so other than a $175 fill up with regular unleaded for the truck, I don't have many expenses. And I can run up and back on about a half a tank.
Im actually head up to Deposit this Friday to Tuesday. I can make it up there & back with a full tank. But just limit my driving while Im up there & Im okay. The weather seems to be GREAT this weekend.
I leave tomorrow through Sunday. We have 5 drift boats for 12 anglers, so we can drift or wade any day we want. Staying in Deposit at Dreamcatcher Lodge on the WBD. It's Bug Week!
Im going to be @ the Deposit lodge. I always stay there. The owner is great & a angler himself. Always telling me where the bites at. Also he tries to accommodate when I make those @ the moment plans to make room for me somewhere in his place ;)

Tight lines to you man. Maybe Ill see you in the water. I usually fish close to the sections under rt17 ;)
Was known as Troutman1

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:45 am

Troutman wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:47 pm
Rusty Spinner wrote:
Troutman wrote:

Im going to be @ the Deposit lodge. I always stay there. The owner is great & a angler himself. Always telling me where the bites at. Also he tries to accommodate when I make those @ the moment plans to make room for me somewhere in his place ;)

Tight lines to you man. Maybe Ill see you in the water. I usually fish close to the sections under rt17 ;)
Leaving in an hour and floating this afternoon, but not sure where yet. Might just do Deposit sewer plant to Dreamcatcher Lodge and take our sweet time.

cappy

Post by cappy » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:24 am

Safe trip Rusty, enjoy!
Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.
Anatole France

lightenup

Post by lightenup » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:34 am

Rusty Spinner wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:45 am
Troutman wrote:
Rusty Spinner wrote:

Leaving in an hour and floating this afternoon, but not sure where yet. Might just do Deposit sewer plant to Dreamcatcher Lodge and take our sweet time.
Watch the skies this evening. It is supposed to get ugly..

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:59 am

Rusty Spinner wrote:
Troutman wrote:
Rusty Spinner wrote:

The sewer plant has some nice riffles & pockets of water. I like fishing the semi log jamb before the bridge ;)
Was known as Troutman1

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:14 am

lightenup wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:34 am
Rusty Spinner wrote:
Troutman wrote:

Watch the skies this evening. It is supposed to get ugly..
The upper D was spared that rain, thankfully. We had three good to okay days of fishing. Best fishing was on the WBD as the upper East was low and no bugs, the lower East was too warm as was the Beaverkill, and the upper mainstem was wall to wall boats hoping to see green drakes or coffin flies.

46er

Post by 46er » Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:42 pm

It is time to start hypermiling again. On a trip to Maine when hypermiling was the thing, I was able to get 28mpg out of my Grand Cherokee, it has a screen that displays real time fuel mileage which is a big help. I just made reservations for Yellowstone next year and will be driving out, probably be $8/gallon by then. Still cheaper than flying and renting and I can take all my stuff :mrgreen: Car rentals are now a grand a week. :shock:

For those not familiar with hypermiling;

https://www.wikihow.com/Hypermile
aka; Ralph

The irony of the Human condition is that we are so focused on reaching some point in our journey, some happiness, or some goal, that we seem to forget that the journey itself is where life happens.

martalus

Post by martalus » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:04 pm

Thanks for the 'hypermiling' tips. I had never heard the term but I remember coasting a lot down hills when in high school-gas was like a dollar a gallon back then, but I didnt have much money. Anyway, lots of great tips in that link on how to increase fuel efficiency.

Drossi

Post by Drossi » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:13 pm

"clear any unnecessary items out of the trunk that might be weighing your car down."

I've lost already!

I do a lot of the hypermiling things now, like coast into a red light or downhill. Theoretically this works great, except in practicality when you're running up 202 and the a-hole behind you wants to hammer down at 60+ mph all the way into the light then lock on the brakes. Lots of toots of the angry horn and flying fingers. :shock: :o :lol:
You're NOT worthy
Purveyor of the dark art of the long rod
slingin' cane

Bubba Zinetti

Post by Bubba Zinetti » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:55 am

I have done hypermiling on my regular commute. The main problem, as expressed above, is everyone else. Traveling at or below the speed limit will enrage quite a few people. I regularly go 65 on the parkway, and daily, often multiple times, while I going 65 in the slow lane, I will see a car come up on me fast, brake, get angry, tailgate, then finally pass. My thought it: Couldn't you see that I was traveling slower than you. Perhaps when you saw that there was a car traveling slower than you IN THE RIGHT LANE, you could have just moved over one lane to the left and been on your way. I guess not.

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:30 am

Came back from Deposit NY fishing the W. Branch on a 1 day splurge trip. Its was like 80.00 in fuel on 93 octane..... :o :o :o :o . Windy as sh*it up there also. Still managed a nice few browns thou
Was known as Troutman1