recommendation on a GREAT pair of wading boots

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
Rusty Spinner

Re: recommendation on a GREAT pair of wading boots

Post by Rusty Spinner » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:19 am

Troutman wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:44 pm
brettdv wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:15 am
Chota's for sure - haven't replaced mine in a while but make me think i should start looking. I also picked up a pair of Simms fly weight boots for more remote hike in fishing in early spring, fall and winter and really like them.

These days wet wading is the prime way to go. Simms wading shoe/sandal with a bit of felt in the center is the way to go....
I used to LOVE to wet wade when I was young. Im somewhat skittish of that now due to possible infection from microbes. But that mite be just in my head ;) :lol: .

I got the G4 boots. felt like cinder blocks walking thru the water :o :o :o . But they took a beating up in the salmon river rocks like a champ
It is in your head. :lol:

I wet wade for work all summer long. Just did 5 days in CT on two rivers. My legs get all scratched up with some minor bleeding and I've never had an issue with microbes or anything else related to my skin. Poison ivy is a bigger concern for most, but I have been immune to it for several years now. I was getting it less and less, and now I can stand right in it without any concerns. I wouldn't eat it, but no fear standing in it or brushing against it with my skin.
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:02 pm

Rusty Spinner wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:19 am
Troutman wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:44 pm
brettdv wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:15 am
Chota's for sure - haven't replaced mine in a while but make me think i should start looking. I also picked up a pair of Simms fly weight boots for more remote hike in fishing in early spring, fall and winter and really like them.

These days wet wading is the prime way to go. Simms wading shoe/sandal with a bit of felt in the center is the way to go....
I used to LOVE to wet wade when I was young. Im somewhat skittish of that now due to possible infection from microbes. But that mite be just in my head ;) :lol: .

I got the G4 boots. felt like cinder blocks walking thru the water :o :o :o . But they took a beating up in the salmon river rocks like a champ
It is in your head. :lol:

I wet wade for work all summer long. Just did 5 days in CT on two rivers. My legs get all scratched up with some minor bleeding and I've never had an issue with microbes or anything else related to my skin. Poison ivy is a bigger concern for most, but I have been immune to it for several years now. I was getting it less and less, and now I can stand right in it without any concerns. I wouldn't eat it, but no fear standing in it or brushing against it with my skin.
pretty sure your correct of whats in my head ;) :lol: :lol:

but this is the article that had my head talking to itself :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://www.nj.com/cumberland/2018/07/m ... actin.html
Was known as Troutman1

Fishybig

Post by Fishybig » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:07 am

Cant remember how many seasons on my korker boots with boa system.....I gottem the last yr that effingers was open and they still work gr8....never had the bottoms fall out , although i do change them almost every season....broke a boa lace once and while the downtime did suck they were cheap and easy to replace...fifteen bucks and a short youtube vid and i was back in business.....good luck with your purchase