The cats meow of fishing net holders !!!!

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
Troutman

The cats meow of fishing net holders !!!!

Post by Troutman » Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:37 am

I used to have the magnetic leash lanyard hanging from the hook on my waders on back straps . What a PITA it was to reattach after ever use. But with this system its a pleasure to use. Reminds me of holstered 9mm glock😂😂😂. All I do is reach for the handle & click the lever. The holser itself attaches to your wading belt. The last 2 pics was trout I caught this Sunday. Not to worry. These was caught up in the west branch in the Upper Delaware NYS. Water is s cool 60* all year round
Was known as Troutman1

Rusty Spinner

Re: The cats meow of fishing net holders !!!!

Post by Rusty Spinner » Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:52 am

I'll stick with my magnetic release. I just put the two magnets near each other over my shoulder and they find each other and lock together. Never have had an issue with them.
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

cappy

Post by cappy » Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:03 pm

Looks nice. I use a folding net when I need to net them, for the most part I use a release, don't even touch them.

This is something new if you haven't seen it.
https://livelylegz.com/collections/equi ... cts/netman
Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.
Anatole France

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:11 pm

cappy wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:03 pm
Looks nice. I use a folding net when I need to net them, for the most part I use a release, don't even touch them.

This is something new if you haven't seen it.
https://livelylegz.com/collections/equi ... cts/netman
both have the same concept . the 1 I use has a lever to release the net. The other 1 uses a magnetic base to hold in place. either 1 would work for me instead of the magnetic lanyard that was on my back. I just couldnt get the hang of easy both magnets hooking back up :x . For trout under 12 inchs. I mostly do in water release. But the bigger 1s like to thrashing around sometimes. So its safer for the fish & I to net then unhook back into the water
Was known as Troutman1

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:15 pm

Rusty Spinner wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:52 am
I'll stick with my magnetic release. I just put the two magnets near each other over my shoulder and they find each other and lock together. Never have had an issue with them.
I also tried the magnetic lanyard on 1 of the hooks on my wading belt. It was easier to hook up. But the net hung in awkward spot that it would snag branches when I walk thru areas that had branches and shrub areas :(
Was known as Troutman1