Any New Toys Purchased or Waiting on Delivery?

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
troutfishing4life

Re: Any New Toys Purchased or Waiting on Delivery?

Post by troutfishing4life » Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:36 pm

Next purchase will be in the next month or so I will get a kayak. With foot pedals will fish out of it but need to get it ready and used to it so I can duck hunt with it

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:28 pm

troutfishing4life wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:36 pm
Next purchase will be in the next month or so I will get a kayak. With foot pedals will fish out of it but need to get it ready and used to it so I can duck hunt with it
pedal kayak is a game changer for sure ;)
Was known as Troutman1

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:04 am

troutfishing4life wrote:
Ramsey Outdoor will give you 20% off with your TU membership card. ;)
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

46er

Post by 46er » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:47 am

troutfishing4life wrote:
My Son just did that, got a Hobie and rigged it out. As for me I'm about to order a solo canoe, the current one I have is getting too heavy for these old bones, and a new shotgun to put more than fish on the table for when the recession arrives. And thanks to SCOTUS, my cc permit is in the works. :mrgreen:
aka; Ralph

The irony of the Human condition is that we are so focused on reaching some point in our journey, some happiness, or some goal, that we seem to forget that the journey itself is where life happens.

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:19 pm

46er wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:47 am
troutfishing4life wrote:
My Son just did that, got a Hobie and rigged it out. As for me I'm about to order a solo canoe, the current one I have is getting too heavy for these old bones, and a new shotgun to put more than fish on the table for when the recession arrives. And thanks to SCOTUS, my cc permit is in the works. :mrgreen:
Let us know how quickly your CC is issued. I am holding off, but mainly because I seldom see trout big enough to be concerned for my life while out of the house working. When I do, I'll be packing some serious heat :lol:

46er

Post by 46er » Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:34 pm

Rusty Spinner wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:19 pm

Let us know how quickly your CC is issued. I am holding off, but mainly because I seldom see trout big enough to be concerned for my life while out of the house working. When I do, I'll be packing some serious heat :lol:
It's not protection from trout I am concerned about :mrgreen: I live in a small town and wait times are about 2-3 weeks once the application is submitted to the PD, should have it around the 1st of the month. By law they have 60 days, but we know how unmotivated some towns are. Hopefully reciprocity will expand.
aka; Ralph

The irony of the Human condition is that we are so focused on reaching some point in our journey, some happiness, or some goal, that we seem to forget that the journey itself is where life happens.

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:24 am

46er wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:34 pm
Rusty Spinner wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:19 pm

It's not protection from trout I am concerned about :mrgreen: I live in a small town and wait times are about 2-3 weeks once the application is submitted to the PD, should have it around the 1st of the month. By law they have 60 days, but we know how unmotivated some towns are. Hopefully reciprocity will expand.
I was kidding about the trout attacking me. Truth is, I would 100% have carried when I worked in some places like the Chicago, Philly, St. Louis, etc. areas back in my corrugated box sales days. Now, I am very seldom in those places if ever, and I don't fear being anywhere else that I frequent. If I had my CC permit and it was portable (which it isn't for NJ), I would have carried the one night I took the wife and daughter to NYC for dinner and a Broadway show earlier this year. That would have been the only time I would like to have been able to carry concealed. But I have lots of friends that are planning to or are obtaining their permit to carry as they need to travel to places where you can't always rely on police to protect you.

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:17 pm

I wish I can get a CC permit in some of my service area's I work in :o
Was known as Troutman1

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:25 pm

Troutman wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:17 pm
I wish I can get a CC permit in some of my service area's I work in :o
The word "napalm" comes to mind.....no thanks, I'll stick to the western suburbs myself :D

cappy

Post by cappy » Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:04 am

Found the reel I was looking for to match up with the rod. Wanted to keep the rig American made and Orvis. Got lucky and found a 4/5 Orvis Madison with a rare spare spool, and suede Orvis reel case at an amazing price. Christened the rod this morning with a decent brown in the first run. Water was 61 degrees, wrapped it up after trying for another 30 minutes with no more takers, however very happy as mission accomplished.

Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.
Anatole France

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:05 pm

cappy wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:04 am
Found the reel I was looking for to match up with the rod. Wanted to keep the rig American made and Orvis. Got lucky and found a 4/5 Orvis Madison with a rare spare spool, and suede Orvis reel case at an amazing price. Christened the rod this morning with a decent brown in the first run. Water was 61 degrees, wrapped it up after trying for another 30 minutes with no more takers, however very happy as mission accomplished.

awesome....
Was known as Troutman1

kype

Post by kype » Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:01 am

every christmas i take part of my christmas bonus and head to shannons to buy a new set up. not sure what its gonna be this year lol because i have to many set ups(is there such a thing as to many set ups)?

maybe new wading boots. im not impressed with my simms boots. (rubber sole, with studs). i think i wanna go back to felt and studs. i rather spend my money at a small business then a big box store. pretty sure shannons carries chota boots.