fished the Musky Trout Sanctuary today

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
Troutman

fished the Musky Trout Sanctuary today

Post by Troutman » Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:27 pm

Fished the musky trout sanctuary today with some GREAT results :D . weather was just rite. 70* day with overcast drizzling rain. Couldnt ask for better conditions. caught about 20 trout in a 30 feet stretch. All returned safely to fight another day. No this is not club water. But it is private property. Ive been fishing here for close to 10 year's. I have the owners permission ;)
Was known as Troutman1

Rusty Spinner

Re: fished the Musky Trout Sanctuary today

Post by Rusty Spinner » Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:45 am

There is a ton of great water on the Musky where the crowds don't go. That place you are at is one of many. I'm always surprised at how anglers only congregate at the bridges. Here's a top secret very, very few anglers know: fish swim. :D
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

kype

Post by kype » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:48 pm

nice job! i can almost see my house in your first picture. its nice water where you are fishing. enjoy it.

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:27 pm

Rusty Spinner wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:45 am
There is a ton of great water on the Musky where the crowds don't go. That place you are at is one of many. I'm always surprised at how anglers only congregate at the bridges. Here's a top secret very, very few anglers know: fish swim. :D
This is actually on private property. Its not club waters. But its state stocked about 100 feet upriver. The trout gets flushed down in heavy rains or they just swim down into the deeper pockets of water there.

believe me I know. most of the stringer & bucket guys stay @ the dump points and wont move 10 feet from bridges & such. The fish can be just 10 more feet away. & people still wont move :lol: :lol: :lol:
Was known as Troutman1

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:28 pm

kype wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:48 pm
nice job! i can almost see my house in your first picture. its nice water where you are fishing. enjoy it.
thank you :!: :!: :!: :!: . Its a spot I try not to burn out my welcome with your neighbor ;) :lol: :lol:
Was known as Troutman1

kype

Post by kype » Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:41 pm

Troutman wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:28 pm
kype wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:48 pm
thank you :!: :!: :!: :!: . Its a spot I try not to burn out my welcome with your neighbor ;) :lol: :lol:
it gets even better much more downstream. i rarely travel upstream.

Fishybig

Post by Fishybig » Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:52 pm

You guys are a wealth of information...why?? The ppl that need to know already know....so why talk about it publicly?? Does it make you feel good to have that online connection???????🤔

kype

Post by kype » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:26 pm

Fishybig wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:52 pm
You guys are a wealth of information...why?? The ppl that need to know already know....so why talk about it publicly?? Does it make you feel good to have that online connection???????🤔
its all private land fishybig. unless you have permission, then you have nothing to worry about.

Fishybig

Post by Fishybig » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:36 pm

With that said , i guess you can explain why i have been fishing it for 30 plus yrs? Without said permission, and have met others that know of said waters....without pics it would be all talk...congratulations with ur online connection

kype

Post by kype » Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:35 am

Fishybig wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:36 pm
With that said , i guess you can explain why i have been fishing it for 30 plus yrs? Without said permission, and have met others that know of said waters....without pics it would be all talk...congratulations with ur online connection
congrats to you too. i dont have the energy to argue with strangers on the internet anymore. good luck fishing.

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:51 am

Fishybig wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:52 pm
sounds like your jealous :?: :?: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Troutman on Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Was known as Troutman1

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:54 am

kype wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:35 am
congrats to you too. i dont have the energy to argue with strangers on the internet anymore. good luck fishing.
I ignore miserable people kype ;) . Your absolutely rite. Not even worth your energy :lol: :lol:

Tight lines you yaa
Was known as Troutman1

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:35 am

Troutman wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:27 pm
Rusty Spinner wrote:
This is actually on private property. Its not club waters. But its state stocked about 100 feet upriver. The trout gets flushed down in heavy rains or they just swim down into the deeper pockets of water there.

believe me I know. most of the stringer & bucket guys stay @ the dump points and wont move 10 feet from bridges & such. The fish can be just 10 more feet away. & people still wont move :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh, I know exactly where that is. Remember, I spent 7 years as TU's Musconetcong Home Rivers Initiative Coordinator. Walked and kayaked every inch of the river and walked most tribs many times. Know most of the landowners along the mainstem as well.

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:48 pm

Rusty Spinner wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:35 am
Troutman wrote:
Rusty Spinner wrote:

Oh, I know exactly where that is. Remember, I spent 7 years as TU's Musconetcong Home Rivers Initiative Coordinator. Walked and kayaked every inch of the river and walked most tribs many times. Know most of the landowners along the mainstem as well.
d
He's actually selling the property & house. Its a nice piece of land. but the house is located to close to the river for my taste :(
Was known as Troutman1

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:28 am

Troutman wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:48 pm
Rusty Spinner wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:35 am
Troutman wrote:

d
He's actually selling the property & house. Its a nice piece of land. but the house is located to close to the river for my taste :(
So many are. When we removed the Finesville Mill dam on the lower river, one of the adjacent landowners complained vociferously about our planting native trees and shrubs in the riparian area along the river on his side. He knew it was going to slow floodwaters down in big rain events and he complained it will "keep his basement and first floor under water longer". I agreed, and asked him why he would ever buy a home in the known floodway. He shut up after that and we never saw him again.