WW access

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
PortMurrayAng

WW access

Post by PortMurrayAng » Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:09 am

Now that willy is selling, and the chain is down, is it legal to fish the former Cliffside park access? Some may know I lived across the street and hit that water frequently. I'm curious to see how it looks after about 4 years.

Rusty Spinner

Re: WW access

Post by Rusty Spinner » Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:34 pm

PortMurrayAng wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:09 am
Now that willy is selling, and the chain is down, is it legal to fish the former Cliffside park access? Some may know I lived across the street and hit that water frequently. I'm curious to see how it looks after about 4 years.
I didn't know the chain is down, but ownership hasn't changed, so I'd be careful until the property sells. If it sells. It's a piss poor location for most anything, especially a restaurant without a liquor license. And they way the home was built is not conducive to other uses as it has living quarters upstairs without a separate entrance which would require a zoning variance and additional construction to add stairs up to the 2nd floor.
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

PortMurrayAng

Post by PortMurrayAng » Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:29 pm

I saw some tire tracks going down the drive too. Did he officially end the easement? I remember when stocking was stopped, maybe that's my answer.

PortMurrayAng

Post by PortMurrayAng » Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:29 pm

I saw some tire tracks going down the drive too. Did he officially end the easement? I remember when stocking was stopped, maybe that's my answer.

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:56 am

PortMurrayAng wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:29 pm
No, the access easement is a permanent deed easement. It cannot be undone. But he also doesn't care about it and has flaunted as much since kicking out the anglers. And Warren County Open Space people are for unknown reasons afraid to push the issue. I don't see this property selling anytime soon. If it had a modern kitchen and a liquor license, yes. But is has neither. As far as the end of stocking, that's because someone that looks a lot like me pointed out to the Division biologist overseeing stocking that the property has been closed by the landowner to access. It will be very easy to reinstate if/once public access is restored.

the royal coachman

Post by the royal coachman » Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:10 pm

The owner lives nearby and I've seen him there in the past month checking on the place. I'm not sure if the no-trespassing signs are down but if they are I would give it a go. What's the worst that could happen?
I fish because the voices in my head tell me to.

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:42 pm

the royal coachman wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:10 pm
The owner lives nearby and I've seen him there in the past month checking on the place. I'm not sure if the no-trespassing signs are down but if they are I would give it a go. What's the worst that could happen?
If the no trespassing signs are down (I have no idea myself), then worst that can happen is he asks you to leave and you can't come back. If they are up, he can go for defiant trespass and you would have to hire an attorney to represent you and prove or at least make him prove you entered and walked in any place other than the conservation deed easement.

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:52 pm

would someone mind telling me what river is this on ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Was known as Troutman1

Vance

Post by Vance » Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:15 am

Hi, Happy New Year to all. What is WW you people are talking about? I have no clue what WW is and where it is. Hope all had a Merry Xmas. I know I did with all six grandkids together. Bill the mailman

PortMurrayAng

Post by PortMurrayAng » Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:12 am

On the musky in Port Murray. WW is Willy's wieners, a now defunct hot dog joint whose demise, I'm sure, has nothing to do with its unappetizing name. The food wasn't great either.

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:30 am

i dont every remember fishing @ WW. have fished & ate @ Johnny's thou :lol:
Was known as Troutman1

46er

Post by 46er » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:16 am

aka; Ralph

The irony of the Human condition is that we are so focused on reaching some point in our journey, some happiness, or some goal, that we seem to forget that the journey itself is where life happens.

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:14 am

Troutman wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:30 am
I did a river restoration project at this site before we did any others back when I worked for TU. I was also involved in the purchase of the property and the conservation easement with a now no longer in NJ land trust out of PA. The original idea was to turn the building into a non-profit center with offices for yours truly and other conservation orgs in need of space. In the end, it was leased as a restaurant and WW is the 3rd restaurant since that time - all of which failed quickly.

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:56 am

Rusty Spinner wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:14 am
Troutman wrote:
I did a river restoration project at this site before we did any others back when I worked for TU. I was also involved in the purchase of the property and the conservation easement with a now no longer in NJ land trust out of PA. The original idea was to turn the building into a non-profit center with offices for yours truly and other conservation orgs in need of space. In the end, it was leased as a restaurant and WW is the 3rd restaurant since that time - all of which failed quickly.
the property owner sounds like a winner :o :lol: :lol:
Was known as Troutman1

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:56 am

PortMurrayAng wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:12 am
On the musky in Port Murray. WW is Willy's wieners, a now defunct hot dog joint whose demise, I'm sure, has nothing to do with its unappetizing name. The food wasn't great either.
thank you.....
Was known as Troutman1

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:27 am

Troutman wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:56 am
Rusty Spinner wrote:
Troutman wrote:
I wasn't very clear. The current property owner bought it at auction from the land trust that had originally purchased it with other intentions for the building. It was at that time that they placed a conservation and access deeded restriction on the property. The current owner is "newer" although he has owned it for many years now. He owns other successful businesses, so this was just a flyer to see if a hot dog place would work. It didn't for a variety of reasons. I think we will see him stuck with this property for years to come unless he unloads it cheap like he bought it for. It's a bit of a mess inside. One of the early restaurants that leased from the land trust did renovations, but failed to do things like put insulation in the walls. It burns fuel oil like mad to keep warm. I do know that Willie's Weiners owner also poured a lot of money into it, but to what effectiveness I don't know. I believe no one has touched the upstairs which used to be living quarters for the original restaurant owners before they sold to the land trust to have the property preserved.

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:27 pm

Rusty Spinner wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:27 am
Troutman wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:56 am
Rusty Spinner wrote:

I wasn't very clear. The current property owner bought it at auction from the land trust that had originally purchased it with other intentions for the building. It was at that time that they placed a conservation and access deeded restriction on the property. The current owner is "newer" although he has owned it for many years now. He owns other successful businesses, so this was just a flyer to see if a hot dog place would work. It didn't for a variety of reasons. I think we will see him stuck with this property for years to come unless he unloads it cheap like he bought it for. It's a bit of a mess inside. One of the early restaurants that leased from the land trust did renovations, but failed to do things like put insulation in the walls. It burns fuel oil like mad to keep warm. I do know that Willie's Weiners owner also poured a lot of money into it, but to what effectiveness I don't know. I believe no one has touched the upstairs which used to be living quarters for the original restaurant owners before they sold to the land trust to have the property preserved.
Gotcha....
Was known as Troutman1