This is what a true trout angler looks like

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
Troutman

This is what a true trout angler looks like

Post by Troutman » Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:55 pm

Was known as Troutman1

BiggerThomas
Location: Whenever somebody's looking to be free...look in their eyes--you'll see me.

Re: This is what a true trout angler looks like

Post by BiggerThomas » Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:47 am

When I first saw that pic, I saw Rick E. (aka Stonefly on this board). RIP Rick.

Great photo, Troutman.
"Most anglers spend their lives in making rules for trout, and trout spend theirs in breaking them."

-From Letters to Young Fly-Fishers, (1926) Sir George Aston,

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:39 pm

BiggerThomas wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:47 am
When I first saw that pic, I saw Rick E. (aka Stonefly on this board). RIP Rick.

Great photo, Troutman.
LOL, I used to email that to Rick when he was still very much with us to bust his chops. I'm also missing my friend. Hard to imagine it's been three years already!
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

Vance

Post by Vance » Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:58 pm

Rusty, it’s three years already. I helped stock the Musky with Rick and others. Never forget the time sitting on his tail gate going up a field when he stepped on the gas and I fell off onto the tall grass. I spent most of my time with Harry in his truck till we found another place to stock. I hope the younger guys do the stocking now as I am 86 and not as mobile as I was when helping to stock the Musky. Everybody enjoy them selves now because old age creeps up on you. Hey all of a sudden your 70 years old then 80 years old. Stay active and help the stocking of the Musky. Bill the mailman. (Bill Vance)

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:42 pm

Vance wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:58 pm
Rusty, it’s three years already. I helped stock the Musky with Rick and others. Never forget the time sitting on his tail gate going up a field when he stepped on the gas and I fell off onto the tall grass. I spent most of my time with Harry in his truck till we found another place to stock. I hope the younger guys do the stocking now as I am 86 and not as mobile as I was when helping to stock the Musky. Everybody enjoy them selves now because old age creeps up on you. Hey all of a sudden your 70 years old then 80 years old. Stay active and help the stocking of the Musky. Bill the mailman. (Bill Vance)
Yup, we had a good crew this past fall to stock the Musky in my F-150. The only issue was that I wound up giving Covid to 2 of the 3 guys in my truck without realizing I was sick. Royal Coachman was the only one not to get sick that day, but it turns out that he was just getting over it himself and had immunities still. :oops:
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

redietz

Post by redietz » Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:04 pm

I did exactly that thing after back surgery in 1999. I may be doing again soon simply because I'm old.

Johnw

Post by Johnw » Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:12 am

Yes that is going to be me in the not too distant future.