cold feet ? while wading in the winter ?

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
Troutman

cold feet ? while wading in the winter ?

Post by Troutman » Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:00 pm

I got your solution. Ive tried these for the past month already. I use them on the medium setting. lasts about 4 hours on a full charge. No more cold feet for me wading anymore ;)
Was known as Troutman1

robtf

Re: cold feet ? while wading in the winter ?

Post by robtf » Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:10 pm

Looks good. :D

Haven't been winter fishing in a while, down here in atlantic county, not much in fw, there is some bank fishing for white perch, but few wade out.
----

living in the land of clammies

Fishybig

Post by Fishybig » Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:15 pm

Do you have a link to the product? Looks cool...the only heated clothing im familiar with is Milwaukee

lightenup

Post by lightenup » Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:46 pm

Put the shake up foot warmers in your boots. It is cheaper and they last 8 hours. :D

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:45 pm

lightenup wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:46 pm
Put the shake up foot warmers in your boots. It is cheaper and they last 8 hours. :D
great idea ...........
Was known as Troutman1

Twism86

Post by Twism86 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:11 pm

Late reply but…

Size up! Get a boot a full size bigger and wear only polyester and pure wool. My feel stayed warms for years of steelheading this way. I used a thin polyester sock liner and a single pure wool sock. Don’t tighten your boots too much and you will be good. Also, sound obvious but, keep moving! No sense to keep working a run for fish that won’t bite. Move until you find them and keep the blood flowing.
"Stupidity is scary but genius can be frightening.
Genius built the atom bomb. Genius topples nations."

rollcast

Post by rollcast » Mon May 01, 2023 3:24 pm

I've never used heated socks. I found that sock linings and wool socks over that, in roomy boots, was plenty warm enough. The key is lots of air and insulation.

Dave

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Mon May 01, 2023 5:08 pm

Twism86 wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:11 pm
Late reply but…

Size up! Get a boot a full size bigger and wear only polyester and pure wool. My feel stayed warms for years of steelheading this way. I used a thin polyester sock liner and a single pure wool sock. Don’t tighten your boots too much and you will be good. Also, sound obvious but, keep moving! No sense to keep working a run for fish that won’t bite. Move until you find them and keep the blood flowing.
next year Im gonna go for breathable bootfoot waders with 1200mm thinsulate. Do as you suggest with going up a size from my normal stocking foot wading shoes. Lets see how that works out for me
Was known as Troutman1

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Mon May 01, 2023 5:09 pm

rollcast wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 3:24 pm
I've never used heated socks. I found that sock linings and wool socks over that, in roomy boots, was plenty warm enough. The key is lots of air and insulation.

Dave
That used to work for me also. Bbut guess getting up there in age has caused some poor blood circulation ? :cry:
Was known as Troutman1