never caught a trout so low on the main stem of raritan

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
Rusty Spinner

Re: never caught a trout so low on the main stem of raritan

Post by Rusty Spinner » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:34 am

Troutman wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 6:08 pm
Rusty Spinner wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 10:14 am
Troutman wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 7:23 am

I fished there yesterday. good guy imo. there was 2 guys that trespassed in. the owner was nice about it. told them it was private property. allowed them to fish that day if they C&R'ed. It was bait guys & they left rite away. they didnt catch anything anyway while I was there. theres a nice run about 4 houses down with a fallen tree log in the water under tree shade. loaded with trout there. still private property thou. but neighbors are cool with me as they've seen me fishing with the the land owner on that stretch
Everyone knows where that is. That sign is so ugly and says such bad things IMO. Ironically, it gives the landowner zero protection from trespassing because it is not a "legal sign". A simply "No Trespassing" sign or two would allow the landowner to prosecute for Defiant Trespass if he wished.
He has other legal signs posted all over his property. Still people just walk rite thru :(
One single Defiant Trespass charge and conviction and word will get out that he's serious. It is how various hunting and fishing clubs ensure no trespassing. Defiant Trespass has some real teeth and is not the slap on the wrist that simple trespass is. But you need a lawyer, a surveyor, etc. to win in court.
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown