Water

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
lightenup

Water

Post by lightenup » Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:56 am

Hope all you boobs are leaving the trout alone for the time being, with no water for weeks and some heat that passed, conditions are less than ideal for C&R fishing...that being said, if you keep them, have fun.... you may find me at Spruce Run Reservoir on some select evenings with gas station worms and 30 year old spin equipment catching bass and catfish. I will have my lawn chair, Coleman lantern and large tackle boxes. quite a change from my favorite minimalistic flyfishing for trout...stop by the Toyota World peninsula or the boat launch and say hi. Monday or Sunday when the sun starts goin down. ;) I may venture to Round Valley as well, but usually the shore fishing sucks there in the warmer weather.

Troutman

Re: Water

Post by Troutman » Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:48 pm

water temps are 43* where Im fishing for the weekend ;) :lol: :lol:

Tight line fellas ...

http://www.westbranchresort.com/delaware-fishing-report
Was known as Troutman1

kype

Post by kype » Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:01 pm

yeah its that time of year. i did manage to hook into one carp last week on an olive wooley bugger after many many attempts. its not easy on the fly. so today i decided to bust out the spinning gear and landed 3. biggest of the day was 13 pounds. hell of a fight they put up. i cant think of any other fish that has screaming runs then carp for freshwater in NJ. of course a big catfish,musky,pike will but carp are easier to catch. caught all mine today on corn. was a fun day watching my reel peel drag for once instead of a few flops around and the trout is at my knees already lol. will be back at next weekend and maybe a night catfishing trip on the big D.
Last edited by kype on Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kype

Post by kype » Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:11 pm

plus i finally got to pull my bogas out lol.
KIMG1343.JPG
KIMG1343.JPG (3.33 MiB) Viewed 17509 times
KIMG1346.JPG
KIMG1346.JPG (4.09 MiB) Viewed 17509 times

cappy

Post by cappy » Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:37 pm

Very nice. Many say they are ugly. I disagree. If you don't mind me asking where where you fishing, not exact location? I'm going to give them a try along with Pike this Summer in the Passaic.
Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.
Anatole France

kype

Post by kype » Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:43 pm

cappy wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:37 pm
Very nice. Many say they are ugly. I disagree. If you don't mind me asking where where you fishing, not exact location? I'm going to give them a try along with Pike this Summer in the Passaic.
south branch. i was walking to the spot while sun was coming up, but had no action until 9am. most likely wont wake up at 4am next time to get to the spot. i think i have plenty of time after todays trip to start fishing by 8-9am. 9-11am was none stop hook ups. most ran me into structure. but did manage to land 3. it was a fun day.

cappy

Post by cappy » Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:13 pm

Yep, no need for an early start with Carp. Always did my best back in the day late morning into the afternoon with spinning gear and corn. Should be interesting with fly gear this Summer. I've seen corn flies for sale, may pickup a few - LOL
Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.
Anatole France

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:20 am

cappy wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:37 pm
yep. The passiac is loaded with carp & pike for sure ...
Was known as Troutman1

lightenup

Post by lightenup » Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:44 pm

I stopped at the SBR yesterday, had a hankering to fly fish. The temp was 65 degrees, but the water is super low. I was at Brown's corner, casting dries to rising fish from 5 PM to 8:30 PM. I immediately took 2 fish on my Flymph, then nothing. Changed to a caddis emerger and got 2 more...then nothing. Changed to a Sulphur emerger, nothing, changed to a cahill emerger, nothing, tried an Iso , nothing..then I put on a size 16 sulphur comparadun...I didn't see many sulphurs, but it was the trick...caught a bunch of fish...great way to end trout fishing until September, unless it rains!