Apps for weather and flows

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
PortMurrayAng

Apps for weather and flows

Post by PortMurrayAng » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:50 pm

Which do you use? Monitor my stream is my site for flows, but I'm interested in a weather app if anyone has one that they recommend.

njcatchrelease

Re: Apps for weather and flows

Post by njcatchrelease » Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:33 am

On my Android phone I use the free versions of River Level and Flow Alert. Simple apps to use but gives me all the info I need.
Tight Lines

46er

Post by 46er » Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:19 am

aka; Ralph

The irony of the Human condition is that we are so focused on reaching some point in our journey, some happiness, or some goal, that we seem to forget that the journey itself is where life happens.

PortMurrayAng

Post by PortMurrayAng » Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:58 am

Thanks. I'll check em out

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:49 am

I use River Data for my IPhone and I use several weather apps because I find so many times, one or more is wrong. When in doubt, I go to My Radar which is my # 1 weather app.
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

Drossi

Post by Drossi » Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:40 pm

My golfer friends recommend WeatherBug app. It's easy to use and gives you lightning strike data in real time (important to me cause I venture off the beaten path and have gotten caught in storms I couldn't see coming due to heavy foliage). Nice radar feature as well.
You're NOT worthy
Purveyor of the dark art of the long rod
slingin' cane

lightenup

Post by lightenup » Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:19 pm

I used to use weather1 app, but a guy retired and the reports are not as, is at all accurate anymore, not I use WeatherBug, simple and effective. I go to USGS for flows...

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:25 am

lightenup wrote:
    Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:19 pm
      I used to use weather1 app, but a guy retired and the reports are not as, is at all accurate anymore, not I use WeatherBug, simple and effective. I go to USGS for flows...
      The River Data app pulls all of its data from USGS gauges, but you can list favorites and it has each state listed and in each state, the gauges are listed alphabetically which is fast to navigate. If all you need is one or two stream gauges, no need for the app. But I believe it was free and I use it often as in daily when it rains. I look at flows on all current and past projects in any significant rain events or during droughts.

Someone else mentioned lightening strike data and the My Radar app has that as well. Smoke, wind, lightening, you name it, it's there if you want it. Free app
      "A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown