Old coots...

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
lightenup

Old coots...

Post by lightenup » Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:10 pm

So I went to the SBR Friday. Found some freshly stocked fish...caught one, it was hard work...fish don't know what a nymph is yet...anyway, I was there about twenty minutes when a guy walks up, "hey, catchin' anything?" I politely responded, to the old coot from Rahway...I got one, there are a few in this pool. He walks down the bank, jumps in my waders and proceeds to cast upstream...fine cast up there...I am easy to get along with. We made polite conversation...THEN, his buddy comes down, same thing, in my left boot. He then starts casting down stream. I enjoy company sometimes and the weren't casting into my drift. I thought they understood. NOPE! The guy in my left boot, also originally from Rahway and moved to somewhere else far way, started casting right in front of me. I reeled up and w a walked away with out a word. I hear from behind me, "You OK?".. So he got it but didn't care...what an asshole. I just kept walking.

Troutman

Re: Old coots...

Post by Troutman » Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:41 pm

no such things as fishing etiquette anymore :cry:
Was known as Troutman1

Drossi

Post by Drossi » Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:00 am

Welcome to NJ!!!

Damned city folk will never get it, just cause they love to live like sardines and get the jitters when they're in open space doesn't mean we all are like that.
You're NOT worthy
Purveyor of the dark art of the long rod
slingin' cane

Jaybird

Post by Jaybird » Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:35 pm

Rahway is a terrible place ..... Amazing what an ass***** a person can turn into for a stupid stocked trout . You did the right thing , will they learn ??? I doubt it , but here's to hoping there wives , girlfriends or life catches up to them like it does to all of us , and these are the last trout they chase for sometimes , because unlike us they have no appreciation for what this thing we do , is really about , and we will be back out there whenever we can .