rockafellow property on the SBR

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
Troutman

rockafellow property on the SBR

Post by Troutman » Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:11 pm

I got information that the Rockafellow property was sold recently. Perhaps the new owner will allow anglers to fish it ? Or from what I understand the dam will be demolished to allow fish passage ? That lower section of the SBR really never produced for me :cry:
Was known as Troutman1

46er

Re: rockafellow property on the SBR

Post by 46er » Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:09 am

aka; Ralph

The irony of the Human condition is that we are so focused on reaching some point in our journey, some happiness, or some goal, that we seem to forget that the journey itself is where life happens.

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:07 am

I was asked to keep quiet about the preservation effort until the ink dried. Yes, the dam is being removed at some point. I do know my firm will be bidding on the work. Funding should be in place or nearly so.
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

Drossi

Post by Drossi » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:55 am

I go through that area a couple times a week on my way to Pennsy for work. I never really considered fishing it, is it more smallmouth/warmwater fishing?
You're NOT worthy
Purveyor of the dark art of the long rod
slingin' cane

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:07 pm

Drossi wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:55 am
I go through that area a couple times a week on my way to Pennsy for work. I never really considered fishing it, is it more smallmouth/warmwater fishing?
Purely speculation on my part, but they likely state stock it with trout and it would be too warm in summer for them to survive.
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:31 pm

Rusty Spinner wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:07 pm
Drossi wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:55 am
Purely speculation on my part, but they likely state stock it with trout and it would be too warm in summer for them to survive.
the state stocks down river from the rockafellow bridge. some trout will swim up & go no further then that dam. that section does get warm in the summer months. plenty of smallies in that area. I passed it often when I have assignments in that area. I have fished down river of that bridge. but never fished on his side. I have to try maybe this before winter. if theres still any trout left :o
Was known as Troutman1