Upstate NY

Trout fishing outside of NJ
Twism86

Re: Upstate NY

Post by Twism86 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:58 am

PortMurrayAng wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:57 pm
My club lodge is near tomennex. Fun place to fish. I stumbled on some shady dudes and their camp site there once. Calling Shannon's tomorrow to get my line sorted and hope for an evening next week.
Is Shannons open? I drove by the other day and the door was cracked open and someone waiting outside. One customer at a time perhaps?
"Stupidity is scary but genius can be frightening.
Genius built the atom bomb. Genius topples nations."

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:42 am

Twism86 wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:58 am
PortMurrayAng wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:57 pm
My club lodge is near tomennex. Fun place to fish. I stumbled on some shady dudes and their camp site there once. Calling Shannon's tomorrow to get my line sorted and hope for an evening next week.
Is Shannons open? I drove by the other day and the door was cracked open and someone waiting outside. One customer at a time perhaps?
The shop has been open all along, but only curbside pickups allowed. I think soon they can have customers inside again. Luckily, I'm considered "staff" so I can still go in and buy what I need without worrying about being around too many people.
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

PortMurrayAng

Post by PortMurrayAng » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:01 pm

This was my third or fourth visit. I got line today, boots earlier this spring and tying materials in between:

1. Call with exactly what you want and credit card in hand.

2. Pick it up the next day. Just makes it less stressful.

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:23 am

PortMurrayAng wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:01 pm
This was my third or fourth visit. I got line today, boots earlier this spring and tying materials in between:

1. Call with exactly what you want and credit card in hand.

2. Pick it up the next day. Just makes it less stressful.
I believe the shop is now open to walk in. I could be wrong, but Murphy finally lifted the stay at home order which was a complete joke anyway and not retail stores are open once again or will be very soon.
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown