Upper Brodhead Creek PA

Trout fishing outside of NJ
Troutman

Upper Brodhead Creek PA

Post by Troutman » Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:19 pm

Anywhere here fished the upper Brodhead Creek :?: . Im going to explore it near Analomink. Ive researched there is alot of private clubs & property up there. But PA has been purchasing and expanding its open public access over the years. Im after some wild browns like the 1s up in the upper west branch delaware
Was known as Troutman1

cappy

Re: Upper Brodhead Creek PA

Post by cappy » Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:54 am

I've fished it below there in the parks. I wouldn't consider Analomink upper, that would be above the confluence of Paradise Creek. I don't believe there is any public access above that junction.
With regard to fish equivalent to WB Trout, not going to find them there. Some wild fish, mainly stocked. Good luck it's nice water if the flows are good.
Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.
Anatole France

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:53 pm

cappy wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:54 am
I've fished it below there in the parks. I wouldn't consider Analomink upper, that would be above the confluence of Paradise Creek. I don't believe there is any public access above that junction.
With regard to fish equivalent to WB Trout, not going to find them there. Some wild fish, mainly stocked. Good luck it's nice water if the flows are good.
fished that section today. caught a few browns. many looked stocked. with 2 questionable wild fish. 8-10 inch fish. was able to fish the Brodhead Gorge also. caught a few bows. typical cookie cutter stockie size. few smallies also.
Was known as Troutman1

Fishybig

Post by Fishybig » Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:43 pm

Troutman wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:53 pm
cappy wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:54 am
fished that section today. caught a few browns. many looked stocked. with 2 questionable wild fish. 8-10 inch fish. was able to fish the Brodhead Gorge also. caught a few bows. typical cookie cutter stockie size. few smallies also.
Gr8 report!! sounds like a fun day!! I worked 🤮

coaltrout

Post by coaltrout » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:05 am

supposedly big stripers in brodhead by the delaware confluence and the gorge? Maybe a spring thing when the shad also run. I dont happen to be fishing PA around this time though.
In the late fall or mid winter, Ive fished by paradise creek before, there's a public park just downstream of it. Small wild browns and some stocky rainbows.
But yea that park is the upper-limit of public access it seems, maybe some scattered ones upstream, but there's so many miles of river open downstream that I dont tend to bother.

The various headwaters of the brodhead are fun, some very pretty wild brown trout around. You can find some roadside stuff that's not necessarily public park access like main stem brodhead though.

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:23 am

coaltrout wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:05 am
supposedly big stripers in brodhead by the delaware confluence and the gorge? Maybe a spring thing when the shad also run. I dont happen to be fishing PA around this time though.
In the late fall or mid winter, Ive fished by paradise creek before, there's a public park just downstream of it. Small wild browns and some stocky rainbows.
But yea that park is the upper-limit of public access it seems, maybe some scattered ones upstream, but there's so many miles of river open downstream that I dont tend to bother.

The various headwaters of the brodhead are fun, some very pretty wild brown trout around. You can find some roadside stuff that's not necessarily public park access like main stem brodhead though.
I never made it up to the paradise creek area. after researching it further. It was as you stated. So I just stayed in the Stroudsburg area. But I was able to fish the upper & lower gorge area. Its hard access for sure. Have to go down deep decline to get to the creek. Along with some bush whacking from the old walk trails. But It was fun. Not a load of fish caught. But still fun no less. Its a area that I can put in my done list to fish :lol: .
Was known as Troutman1