Who fishes the Lehigh River here ?

Trout fishing outside of NJ
Troutman

Who fishes the Lehigh River here ?

Post by Troutman » Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:32 am

not looking for GPS spots. But a general are would be helpful. I was thinking the JIm Thorpe area :?: . researching there is big browns in the river.

Thx for all helpful advise in advance ;)
Was known as Troutman1

Rusty Spinner

Re: Who fishes the Lehigh River here ?

Post by Rusty Spinner » Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:08 am

For those that might not know, he's talking about the "big" Lehigh and not the Little Lehigh. Wish I could help, but that remains one fairly local river I have yet to fish in my lifetime. But I do have my annual PA non resident license this year.....
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:38 pm

Rusty Spinner wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:08 am
For those that might not know, he's talking about the "big" Lehigh and not the Little Lehigh. Wish I could help, but that remains one fairly local river I have yet to fish in my lifetime. But I do have my annual PA non resident license this year.....
This is the main reason Im exploring PA heavy this year. Ive got my non resident PA license with trout stamp $65.00 total :o . So Im gonna get its full use :lol: . Even thou I C&R everything :lol: :lol: . I passed on the NY license this year. As I was only using it on the upper west branch anyway. The PA will cover that in the area anyway as its consider the PA upper reach waters that NY will respect the license. So it was a good bang for the buck imo. Dont fish Rosco & those areas anyway :!:
Was known as Troutman1

Johnw

Post by Johnw » Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:50 am

I have fished it several times and I would say it is a long, large river with difficult wading, fluctuating water levels due to water release from,upstream dam, considerable annoyance from summer time tubers and an association dedicated to stocking and improving conditions on the Lehigh. Unfortunately I recently discarded a wealth of info that I collected while in Pa about the Lehigh including access points that are surprisingly limited considering the length of the river.

Johnw

Post by Johnw » Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:53 am

The Lehigh River Stocking Association has a considerable amount of useful info.

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:02 am

Johnw wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:50 am
I have fished it several times and I would say it is a long, large river with difficult wading, fluctuating water levels due to water release from,upstream dam, considerable annoyance from summer time tubers and an association dedicated to stocking and improving conditions on the Lehigh. Unfortunately I recently discarded a wealth of info that I collected while in Pa about the Lehigh including access points that are surprisingly limited considering the length of the river.
appreciate the insight......

Also thank you for the additional info
Was known as Troutman1

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:03 am

Johnw wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:53 am
The Lehigh River Stocking Association has a considerable amount of useful info.
thank you...
Was known as Troutman1

Johnw

Post by Johnw » Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:33 pm

I was initially introduced to the Lehigh with a group that was taken on a guided tour by someone very familiar with the river. If I am not mistaken, Twism was part of the group so perhaps he will have some insight to add. I have only caught trout in the Lenigh but I understand there a good smallmouth population there also.