Walleye tournament cheating scandal!

Warm water, salt water and more. Talk about it here!
Post Reply

Troutman
Posts: 820
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:40 pm

Re: Walleye tournament cheating scandal!

Post by Troutman » Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:52 pm

read about that on some of the fb pages. the guy should be banned for life from all competitions......
Was known as Troutman1

martalus
Posts: 450
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:39 pm

Re: Walleye tournament cheating scandal!

Post by martalus » Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:06 pm

I can't imagine the humiliation of being proven a cheater red handed in front of hundreds of spectators.

Troutman
Posts: 820
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:40 pm

Re: Walleye tournament cheating scandal!

Post by Troutman » Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:29 pm

martalus wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:06 pm
I can't imagine the humiliation of being proven a cheater red handed in front of hundreds of spectators.
That in itself would be a reason to go hang myself. The worse was it was done in front of his peers no less :o
Was known as Troutman1

Troutman
Posts: 820
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:40 pm

Re: Walleye tournament cheating scandal!

Post by Troutman » Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:30 pm

Image
Was known as Troutman1

Fishybig
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:43 am

Re: Walleye tournament cheating scandal!

Post by Fishybig » Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:04 pm

While im sure he cheated, the video is a little suspect....how did he get fillets ( skin on ,no less) into the walleye?? and the weights don't appear to be in the stomach cavity of the fish.....it all sounds very strange

Johnw
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:52 am
Location: Red Bank NJ

Re: Walleye tournament cheating scandal!

Post by Johnw » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:29 am

I have seen similar things happen on salt water party boats.

User avatar
MikeB
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:05 pm
Location: Monmouth County

Re: Walleye tournament cheating scandal!

Post by MikeB » Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:36 pm

I have seen this in the BASS circuit I fished on years ago, they shove the weights down by hand and with other instruments. When a 14" largemouth weighs 2.5 pounds there is an issue....

Troutman
Posts: 820
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:40 pm

Re: Walleye tournament cheating scandal!

Post by Troutman » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:09 pm

Image
Was known as Troutman1

Troutman
Posts: 820
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:40 pm

Re: Walleye tournament cheating scandal!

Post by Troutman » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:10 pm

Image
Was known as Troutman1

User avatar
Rusty Spinner
Posts: 1081
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:35 pm
Location: Flanders, NJ
Contact:

Re: Walleye tournament cheating scandal!

Post by Rusty Spinner » Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:39 am

They had the boat and trailer confiscated by the feds and face felony misdemeanor charges. Couldn't happen to two nicer guys.... :D
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

Troutman
Posts: 820
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:40 pm

Re: Walleye tournament cheating scandal!

Post by Troutman » Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:28 am

Rusty Spinner wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:39 am
They had the boat and trailer confiscated by the feds and face felony misdemeanor charges. Couldn't happen to two nicer guys.... :D
hope they go to the big house for some time ....
Was known as Troutman1

User avatar
Rusty Spinner
Posts: 1081
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:35 pm
Location: Flanders, NJ
Contact:

Re: Walleye tournament cheating scandal!

Post by Rusty Spinner » Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:37 am

Troutman wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:28 am
Rusty Spinner wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:39 am
They had the boat and trailer confiscated by the feds and face felony misdemeanor charges. Couldn't happen to two nicer guys.... :D
hope they go to the big house for some time ....
We don't lock up murderers these days. Guys cheating in a harmless fishing competition will be banned and shunned for life, but they won't be doing any hard time. :D
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

Troutman
Posts: 820
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:40 pm

Re: Walleye tournament cheating scandal!

Post by Troutman » Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:04 pm

Rusty Spinner wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:37 am
Troutman wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:28 am
Rusty Spinner wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:39 am
They had the boat and trailer confiscated by the feds and face felony misdemeanor charges. Couldn't happen to two nicer guys.... :D
hope they go to the big house for some time ....
We don't lock up murderers these days. Guys cheating in a harmless fishing competition will be banned and shunned for life, but they won't be doing any hard time. :D
think they mite get charged with fraud
Was known as Troutman1

Post Reply